1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Butera's Kingfisher

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by hoss, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoss

hoss Member

I picked up a couple tins of this on a semi-recent TAD run and was planning on letting it sit for a while, just because i already have too many opened tins ATM. However, that plan failed miserably due to my lack of perseverance! After posting about it in my burley thread here, i couldn't get it off my mind and well, the rest is history....

As i've stated before in many other places, i'm a huge Va, perique and burley fan, so this one was a no brainer. It was an excellent smoke, at least it performed like a champ in a Mastro de Paja smooth Ruber bent dublin.

I'm going to start picking up a tin or two in future TAD orders for a while until my stash is sufficient for my cellaring preferences.

If anyone else out there has similar tastes and hasn't yet tried this blend - put it on the list - it's a must! :eek:hyeah:

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I don't think it's even being made anymore. :bing:

3. atwageman

atwageman Member

I'm gonna have to check into this.

4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Kingfisher is an All Star Smoke! I do believe it is not in production anymore. Hope that's not the case.........

:suicide:

Ed Puff!

5. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

I read on TR that Stonehaven from Esoterica is almost a clone of Kingfisher... both are marketed by Butera, both are blended by JF Germain.

Thoughts from anyone who's tried both?

6. Puff The Magic

I don't see how they can be ranked as similar........StoneHaven has no perique. Different toby as far as I'm concerned. Both of similar quality of leaf (HIGHEST) but I would not say they are similar otherwise.

:suicide:

Ed Puff!

7. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Hmm.... then maybe adding a pinch of perique to Stonehaven would get you Kingfisher?

Another interesting post on TR claimed that adding ground black pepper to a blend would get the same spicy effect! The instructions were to add the pepper after each "fill" of the three-fill method. Any bravehearts out there willing to try it?

8. Puff The Magic

And if your testicles are endorsed by the NBA, then you can sprinkle Blair's "Death Rain Nitro" instead of that wussy black pepper! Ha Ha, just kidding!

I'd imagine you could make StoneHaven even more interesting by adding Perique or adding layers of Perique to a long bowl but I wouldn't add pepper to my toby. That's for eggs and grits! Sheeesh, wastin' good pepper on 'baccy! Where are your priorities man?! :suicide:

:)

Ed Puff!

9. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

[​IMG]

10. hoss

hoss Member

Hmmmm...if it is out of production, so far i haven't had any trouble finding it. Perhaps i should expedite the cellaring order. I'm going to have to look into this as well.

11. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I picked up a couple tins of Kingfisher today. I like it. I hope it isn't discontinued because I'd keep this stuff around.

I guess I need to scrounge up a few tins just in case.

12. sounds7

sounds7 Member

Kingfisher is in stock at several retailers so this rumor that it is no longer being made is obviously false. Shame on whoever started that one. Also a rumor IMO is the fact that this is being made by Stokkebye. All my newly acquired tins say made in Jersey, British Isles. (In other words: J.F.Germain)

13. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Everything I have read says that Pelican is from Stokkebye, Kingfisher is from Germain and the others in the Butera lineup are from McClelland.

Glad Kingfisher is available again. I have been missing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.