1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Butz Choquin

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Tudorp, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tudorp

Tudorp Member

What is everyone's opinion of Butz Choquin? I have only one Butz, and it is a nice looking pipe. Never smoked it though (yet). Seems like a nice quality pipe. Any experienced fokes with Butz pipes?

2. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

I have four BC's. Three are good smokers, one is a temperamental fire breathing beast that excels at gurgling.

3. shadow

shadow Active Member

They're OK pipes in my opinion. I've got one Dublin and it smokes well!:bing:

4. neoclassical

neoclassical Member

I have a BC faux bamboo pipe. I like mine , but it needed a little pipe mud to bring the floor of the chamber up to the draft hole. It's a nice looking sandblast bent apple.

5. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I've had 3 in my lifetime. 2 were pretty good smokers and one had a horribly tight draw. Hit or miss, I guess.

6. shadow

shadow Active Member

Hi, dmkerr!
    I forgot to mention: The draw on mine was pretty tight as well so I drilled a bigger smoke canal using a 3/16" drill bit.
    I do that with ALL my pipes regardless of make or value.
    The only exceptions are delicate meers and cobs which have larger smoke canals anyway.:bing:

7. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I sold mine. Actually, I sold them all. Two of them in the Great Pipe Purge of 1995 and the tight draw varmint a couple of years ago. It sure was a looker if not a smoker.

The Big Fil likes this.
  8. Bent

Bent Member

Had a couple in my lifetime, overpriced for what they are (here in the U.S. anyway)
    Savinellis are more reasonably priced and smoke better in my opinion. Of course, YMMV.

9. KevinP

KevinP Member

I've got at least five. All good.

10. lestrout

lestrout Member

I have several, some new. In general BCs puff quite well and the estates are usually great values. Curiously the one high grade BC that I temporarily had did not puff well at all.

hp
    les

11. Trippwire

Trippwire Member

I have one, it seemed to smoke hot to start with, but the more I smoke it, the better it gets. It was an estate, bought heavily reamed. I would buy another if it was pretty enough and the price was right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.