1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying a Pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by brandon, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brandon

brandon New Member

im looking to buy a inexpensive pipe online ($20-30) but i dont know any good websites i'd also like a pipe rack as this will be my 2nd pipe and i plan on getting more in the future im 19 years old and new to the pipe world any good sites to buy from with good inexpensive products would be much appricated =]

2. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

3. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Welcome to the forum Brandon! Just wanted to add, do not overlook MM Cobs to add more good smoking pipes to your rotation for cheap.

4. badbusinessman

badbusinessman ☺️

I second Missouri Meerschaum Cobs, but also Ebay is fantastic. You can get some wonderful smoking pipes for $10 that are already broken in and, with a little elbow grease, can look as good as new. There are a lot of older Grabows, Mastercraft, LHS, and Kaywoodies that are going to smoke far better than a new $20-30 pipe. There are also a lot of pipes from defunct pipe companies on Ebay that go cheaply because nobody knows about them anymore but can be great smokers, but there your taking a gamble.

colorduke likes this.
  5. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

MM cobs and searching ebag are the way to go,i went from 8 pipes to over 100+ on ebag and only 1 bad smoker in the bunch,good luck in your search.

6. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

badbusinessman offers sage words. One more brand to watch for: Custombilt (or, if a really old one, "Custom-Bilt.") I see them go for 15-20$, and they're great pipes.

7. CalPiper

CalPiper Member

For my money, EBay is a great go to spot for good deals on pipes of your not looking to break the bank.

8. voodoo101

voodoo101 Member

MM Cob pipes in my opinion are near perfect smokers. The first couple of smokes aren't too good but after that they are great! One of them I have had for around 10 years.

9. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

IF you seek on eBay, a couple brands to watch are Willard and Lee - these are forgotten brands from the 50s and 60s. Mostly pretty decent and you can get 'em for 10 bucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.