C.A.O. question

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by user2460, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user2460

user2460 Member

I would really like to try CAO Eileen's Dream, from what I have read it sounds like it will be my idea of perfect smoke. (I like my tobacco sweet)

My question is that if C.A.O (I have read) is a Scandinavian tobacco then why I can't seem to find it in Sweden?

Lestrade likes this.
  2. daveinlax

daveinlax Member

Mail order from the US or Germany(?) is what comes to mind. CAO is owned by Scandinavian Tobacco Group. CAO is a trendy, edgy, image/advertising/social network driven brand. Probably not suited as a world wide brand. Before they sold out they had a respected DAN made line of pipe tobacco that was the opposite of the hipster, party all night, flavored cigars that these "new" pipe tobaccos are based on. :confused:

HCraven and Smoking Gun like this.
  3. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

That is a great question Darby. I do not know the answer, but I am also interested in knowing why? Sorry I could not be of more help!

Smoking Gun likes this.
  4. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I don't know, either. But it reminds me of when I worked at the pipe shop and people used to tell me they were going on vacation to Jamaica and they were going to bring back a bunch of cheap Macanudo cigars. Only problem was that it was a bonded factory and every stick that came off the line was shipped overseas. No local retail outlets.

Weird that they wouldn't sell it in Scandanavian countries.

Smoking Gun likes this.
  5. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I don't know either. :msty:

Smoking Gun likes this.
  6. user2725

user2725 Active Member

The first time I smoke it I didn't care for it, after several more bowls I grew quite fond of it, it goes very well with a nice coffee, I am now on my 2nd tin.

Smoking Gun likes this.
  7. user2460

user2460 Member

Ha ha... :msty:

Mington likes this.
  8. ComputerGuy

ComputerGuy Member

CAO isn't Scandinavian tobacco. It's OWNED by the Scandinavian Tobacco Group. Most CAO tobacco is Honduran and Nicaraguan because that's where the CAO cigar factories/plantations are.

9. ChrisAtRGI

ChrisAtRGI Member

I bought a tin of Independence. It was simply nasty in every respect. It was the only tobacco I have smoked that I thought may ruin the pipe or require reaming back down to the wood.

I'm a fan of their cigars, but won't touch their pipe tobacco again. Just an opinion.

10. user2725

user2725 Active Member

I'm not familiar with Independence but I wouldn't judge the entire brand on just one blend.

Darkly likes this.
  11. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

I've never tried Independence, but as far as I'm concerned, Old Ironsides and Midnight Ride are true classics, and I've heard good things about Patriot Flake, too. These tobaccos were made by Dan Tobacco, as Dave correctly pointed out (they continue to produce most of the line), and were in a completely different vein than the new aromatics. Like 'em or not, it's useless to compare the two.

Mington likes this.
  12. ComputerGuy

ComputerGuy Member

Eileen's dream tastes almost identical to the cigar and I'll let you know about Moontrance as soon as the wife's tin comes in.

Smoking Gun likes this.
  13. 50rayj

50rayj Active Member

I think their Cherry Bomb is great. My favorite cherry blend of any I've tried. Moontrance is really good too. I like Eileen's Dream but not as well as the others.

14. 50rayj

50rayj Active Member

Dan Blue Note is a good aro and quite different with a unique flavor with a hint of coconut. Or it may be the taste of some kind of liquor.

Mington likes this.
  15. Beale

Beale Active Member

My next venture woll be the Cherry Bomb. This is the only brand I have found that I have been liking their aros!

Hey Darby I would send you a tin of Eileen's Dream? Let me know, Beale.

16. Capt

Capt Active Member

Looks like you got the hook up again!

Mington and TxPipesmoker like this.
  17. korkman

korkman Member

I would give C.A.O. three stars out of five. Cause out of the lack of flavor in their tobacco, I still smoke it cause I hate wasting a whole tin, but then again my first experience with C.A.O. was with my meerschaum which sucks out all of the flavor of tobacco.

Mington likes this.
  18. user2460

user2460 Member

I can't shop it at the moment but I sent you a message to get your price. :)

19. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

That's because most CAO tobaccos are used in cigar manufacture. Their pipe tobacco is not made from cigar leaf, and I would wager large sums of money that virtually none of the tobacco that finds it's way into a tin of CAO pipe tobacco comes from Nicaragua or Honduras.

20. user2460

user2460 Member

I just wan't to know where I can buy it when I am ready to buy it and why it is not sold in Sweden. Beale said I could buy a can off of him for $15.00 but that it would be better to buy it new, but where?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.