1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

C & D Black Frigate + Billy Bud

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Captain Eight, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Eight

Captain Eight Member

These tins came with a bunch of others I ordered recently.

I haven't tried "Black Frigate" yet, but it smells very much of strongly-peated Scotch whisky. Yum yum. I hope it tastes vaguely similar.

Another tin I got was "Billy Bud". This stuff is great. Probably the coolest-burning tobacco I've ever tried. I feel like I couldn't get tongue bite from this if I tried (I'm sure I could really).

What do you guys reckon?

Motard likes this.
  2. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Two nice blends, congrats!

3. Motard

Motard Member

Billy Budd is a favourite of mine. I'm currently out, and I don't know what to do with myself till the postman arrives

4. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I've heard so much good about Billy Budd, I must try it soon.

5. Beale

Beale Active Member

Black Frigate is a very good tobacco. I have some in a Jar. I am aging to see what happings, Beale.

6. Captain Eight

Captain Eight Member

I just had a quarter bowl of the Black Frigate in a new pipe.

It's hard to tell with such a tiny bowl and a new pipe, but I like it. Unfortunately, the smoke's taste doesn't have the same peaty flavour that it's got in the tin-aroma , but it's still a nice Latakia blend.

I'm fast discovering Latakia blends are my thing. The fact they all seem to have limited tongue bite plays a big part, but I also like natural, masculine flavours of smoky tobacco, rather than sweetened and unnatural tasting stuff.

From my latest order, I've tried the Black Frigate (I like it), The Billy Bud (I love it), and the G.L.Pease Robusto (only tried a bit and thought it was "okay"). I have three more that I haven't tried yet: Captain Earl's Nightwatch (I love the CE Ten Russians), and Dunhill Nightcap (heard good things about it), and G.L.P's Westminster (no idea but it smells good).

7. Captain Eight

Captain Eight Member

... now having a quarter bowl of Captain Earl's Nightwatch. Wow, this stuff is great!

8. DMWyatt

DMWyatt Member

If you like the Westminster, you'll want to try CE Diamond Head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.