1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

C&D Cross-eyed Cricket

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Sasqets, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sasqets

Sasqets Member

Jun 8, 2010
    OK, I went to my B&M to pick up a few new types of pipeweed and they didn't have what I was searching for. Soooo.. I made a quick, uneducated joice just to try my luck.
    I wound up with some Larsen 2010 edition, Peterson Sunset Breeze, and Cornell&Diehl Cross-Eyed Cricket.
    I tried some of the SB and, eh, I'll hafta see. Then I tried the C&D and WOW! :thumbsu: I loved it! This was a totally new flavor for me. I'm not sure what it is, but something in here is awesome. I have always been an aro guy, but now I'm thinking about expanding my collection.

Anyone else try this? Like it? or Hate it?
    Can you give me any idea about the tobacco perique, turkish, and latakia. I tried Balkan in the past and thought it was waaayy to strong and have avoided latakia, but now I am wondering what I've been missing.
    Sorry to ramble here.
  2. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    This from T-Reviews:

Brand: Cornell & Diehl
    Blender: Craig Tarler
    Tin Description:
    Unsweetened Black Cavendish base with Turkish, Latakia & Perique. Lightly flavored with rum punch

Country of Origin: US
    Curing Group: Air Cured

Black Cavendish

Cut: Ribbon

Packaging: 50g Tin
  3. Stinger4me

Stinger4me Member

Dec 9, 2009
    I have been through a couple of tins of this stuff. Been smoking for 30+ years but not a heavy smoker. Not sure what I like but I know what I don't like. When I smoke this blend it is in a Peterson pipe and usually outside. It is difficult to pick thing sout of the mixture but I do enjoy it and try to smoke it slower so I can enjoy it even more. Placed an order for some other C&D blends. My favorites are English blends and MacBaren tinned blends. Thanks for letting me put my $.02 into the discussion.

4. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Jan 7, 2010
    There's links on this page: http://store.pipesandcigars.com/ruoutoun.html which are great for learning about tobacco types and how they're blended. hope that helps!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.