1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Caminnetto

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by thebentbilliard, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebentbilliard

thebentbilliard Member

Hey guys I am new to smoking came over from cigarettes but I wanted to know I bought a pipe from a antique shop and it reads caminetto business 143 ks is this one decent or should I look at getting a different pipe, but if it is any good what is the woth of it? Thanks for all future comments.

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Caminettos are good. Out of Italy - a "midgrade" pipe, which means good quality materials and usually pretty good workmanship. If it's not beat to hell it's probably worth between 70-120 bucks, depending very much on the pipe.

3. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Caminetto's are excellent smokers! You did well!
    I own one and am looking to buy another.
    Hope it gives you many years of good smoking!

dp

4. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

The worth of something used is always subjective... it's worth what someone is willing to pay. ;)

I've seen some nice Caminetto's in various shops, but never owned one. I've seen some I would like to though.

5. thebentbilliard

thebentbilliard Member

so far I like it a lot I picked up some stokkebye georgia cream from my local tobacco shop and it is very smooth and sweet. Does anyone have any tips for a new smoker?

6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

We got a whole section that is basically tips for new smokers. Poke around a bit. But you're off to a good start in terms of pipe choice, is my thought.

7. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

Actually, Caminettos have a history and the early ones are fantastic smokers and can sell pretty high if they are in good condition. The older ones will have a small mustache on the stem. The newer ones have a larger mustache and are not as good as the old ones but are good pipes anyways. What shape did you buy? The very old ones had the mustache in gold. I have four of them, four of the older ones and a couple of the newer ones, so I am a fan. The real old ones can bring big bucks. An excellent pipe to learn on.

8. thebentbilliard

thebentbilliard Member

the one I have has a small mustache but it is not gold from some looking around on google it seems to be a mid 70's pipe I love it so far though and believe it or not I got it for only 20 dollars and it is in very desent shape.

9. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

The 70's pipes are very excellent ! The business rustication is classic . You got a keeper . :D

10. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

For $20.00 you stole it!!! Good for you. If you ever want to sell it, let me know.

11. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

I agree totally. A 1970's era Cam.for 20 bucks?..God must love you. If you like the Cam. check out Ascorti and Radice pipes as they were part of the original carvers of the old Cams. I own two Ascorti pipes (1980's era) and they are great smokers.

12. thebentbilliard

thebentbilliard Member

[​IMG]

this is a link to the same pipe I have it is different by the stem peice being black with silver and the bowl has deeper indents.

13. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

One great looking pipe! Enjoy it in good health!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.