1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Camping Pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ruffinogold, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

The weather rocks and camping is here ! A large billard [ weapon sze ] around a fire and all the goings on .... and a redhead ..... life is good

2. Philthy

Philthy Member

Oh yes indeedy! The plus side is that as long as I am taking the Little Man (no, not that! I mean my 9 yr old) with me I can do just about anything I want especially if she sees it as Dad time with him instead of him just hanging on while Dad does his thing. Camping definitely qualifies and he loves the smell of my pipe. Sitting around the fire, coffee (or a snort of appropriate adult beverage)my sons or select friends - life does not get any better than that.

3. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

I only recently starting taking my a pipe camping. I was more of a cigar guy. Less stuff to take, wind isn't an issue, and I can take a bunch. But recently we did some car camping and I found the pipe to fit much better. I have a big old peterson I took. Nice.....very nice....

Still looking for my camping blend. Took some Frog on the town, Larry's Blend, and Sunjammer. I think I need something else.....not sure what yet.
    Z

4. Marc

Marc Active Member

I always take cobs fishing and camping and burly tobaccos, that's a match made for the outdoors! [​IMG]

5. swobbie

swobbie Member

When I am camping I carry two pipes with me, my old Ben Wade larger than a cement mixer and my first pipe, a tiny Old England. That way I have one for on the move and one to sit by the fire and enjoy. Nothing better, well almost.

6. piper965

piper965 Member

Plus one here. Cobs and fishing! Great combo

7. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Another vote for the above!

8. ruffinogold

If it rains while camping or doing whatever you can give your billard a 180 [ upside down ] and keep smoking :poke: .... it's the best shape for that

9. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Amen to that!!! :devil:

10. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

We "camp" alot, course our camping is in our 35' 5th wheel. :P Still, we get out as a family and my wife ain't doing the tent thing. So it works well for us. The upside is I can pretty well take whatever I like. It is a mini version of home. I have a box of cobs just for the RV. I keep them in there. I think I have about a half doz in there. I keep a couple pipe tools, a bag of pipe cleaners, lighters, etc in the box too. It is in "my" little storage nook where I also keep a bottle of scotch and a bottle of bourbon. My survival kit.

When we get ready to go camping I grab a gal ziplock bag and grab a jar of this and a tin of that until the ziplock is full. That gives me plenty of options in tobacco. I put it in the RV and I am set.

There is nothing finer than being camped out on the banks of a hill country river in the springtime with a campfire burning and a bunch of good tobacco and spirits to help with the relaxation after a great camp dinner.

I am so ready to go camping again. It has been probably a month since our last trip. I am dying here. We are planning a 3 week trip to Colorado this summer. I'm going to go be a trout bum for a few weeks. That'll help make up for all these weekends I am tied up with softball and t-ball that is keeping us from going now.

11. mcgoven9

mcgoven9 Member

I always take my first cob. It has a tooth dent in the bottom of the mouthpiece. It hangs on the tooth great. It never falls out of my mouth. It is the perfict fishing pipe.

12. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

It was always one of my Falcons you won't be surprised to hear that I took cycle camping with me. Nowadays camping really means being at the 32' static caravan where we spend most of the year with central heating, double glazing and two bathrooms so you can't count that - but surprise surprise the Falcons still come along,

Gerry

13. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

My camping consists of going to "camp", which is a house on the Beaverkill River in the Catskills. So no real change in what pipes I smoke. I don't smoke while I'm fishing, as it's too much of a distraction for me.

14. ruffinogold

During hunting season I smoke . Lotta guys poo poo on this .... say the deer can smell ya .... I guess deer like pipes as much as I do . I stalk into the wind as I go so maybe that helps but whatever ya know . This time of year ya take the kids and camp along the lakes or rivers . In the tourist spots you can still get frowns from people ... can you believe that crap ... outside campimg and they still make a face .... sad people ... anyway ..... M.B. Golden Extra was made for these times and lately I'm digging sail green out and about . The huge billard while at the fire and something smaller moving around . Catching trout !!! Awesome .... ;)

15. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

Glenn
    Was wondering which Hill country your talking about.

TX perhaps?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.