1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Can anyone taste honey in aromatics?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Arkie, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

Apr 1, 2011
    I've tried a lot of blends that have honey in the casing but I have never be able to taste it. It's not a big deal but I'm wondering if anyone else has been able to taste it.
  2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Feb 7, 2011
    Definitely. Try some Pipeworks & Wilke #191. Very noticeable taste of honey. Ditto, but to a lesser extent with Mac Barens Navy Flake and several others. The PPW is the most discernible to my taste buds. If I liked honey better, I'd smoke that stuff whenever I wanted an aromatic. It's a great blend - just not to my taste.
  3. ichabod

ichabod Member

Mar 24, 2011
    A lot of aromatics I have tried don't really taste like they smell or what their name would imply. To me at least.

The closest that I have smoked would be sutliff: molto dolce. It has vanilla, caramel and honey. You can taste that. You can't taste it as strong as it smells in the tin but you definitely taste it. It's pretty sweet. I like it quite a bit, kind of a dessert tobacco.
  4. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Feb 12, 2011
    I'm with dmkerr, of all the blends that I have tried with honey as a casing I would have to say Pipeworks & Wilke #191 Honey-Vanilla is fairly easy to detect. It happens to be one of my absolute favorites as I have about 4 ounces sitting in a jar on my desktop at this very moment. I believe you would like the flavor and I am sure nobody and I mean absolutely nobody will complain about the room note.
    God Bless!!! Ray
  5. CarlBC

CarlBC Member

May 4, 2010
    I can with most, but I had beehives of my own once upon a time. It's a flavor/aroma that you learn to recognize once you've collected your own honey and been stung a few hundred times...

-- Carl
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.