1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Canning OCD

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Puff The Magic, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

[​IMG]

A picture sometimes needs no explanation............

HP!

4 oz jelly jars in case you're wonderin'. :D

Ed
    Puff

telltime likes this.
  2. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Awesome.

3. JuJu McMojo

JuJu McMojo Member

I seem to remember you posting about your canning labels before, but I have to say, it LOOKS much more impressive than it sounded at the time. I may have to retro-fit my jars...after this beer. Bang-up job! :punk:

4. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Ed, I felt inspired and have done some of my jars now too. Once I copied the tin art, I used "insert text box" so I could type in the date and in a few cases, who gifted said tobacco. I like it!

Thanks from a fellow OCDer. :)

5. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Puff, OCD can be serious! I think it would be best for you to try and move past it- let your old self go. I'm willing to help. Send me all the labeled stuff and I will dispose of it! You need a fresh start, and I'm willing to help! :) -David

6. BradNTX

You say that now... when the UPS tractor trailer showed up in your driveway, with 4 brutish guys and a bunch of handtrucks wanting to know where to put it all, you might rethink your offer! :byg:

dwaugh likes this.
  7. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

What's that saying- Necessity is the mother of invention! :punk: -David

8. BradNTX

Yes, but explaining to your wife that toby will have to be stuffed under your bed, under the kid's beds, under the dog beds, in the kitchen cabinets, in the utility room, under the dining room table, boxes of toby may have to substitute for the TV cabinet, more boxes for end tables and night stands, and the china is getting tossed for... toby storage, may get a little dicey. :laff:

dwaugh likes this.
  9. atwageman

atwageman Member

Awesome job on the canning labels! :toast:

10. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Very cool puf ! Where's the Edgeworth ?

11. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Nicely done, Puff! Interesting use of
    match boxes.

12. ruffinogold

OK .....whats the method of getting the label off w/ out hoseing it up . I'm looking at a tin of Firedance [ and getting a" mental woodie" lol ] and I'm not sure how'd I'd remove it w/ out tearing it up . Whats the magic formula , Puff ? Oh , and how would you compare the new Dunhill std mixture to the Murrays Dunhill std mix med ? Thanks in advance .. john

13. BradNTX

John, I google the name of the tobacco, followed by "pic". Copy the jpeg onto my PC and save in a folder "tin art". Open MS Word doc and "Insert Image" selecting the appropriate tin label. You can then size it to the opening of your mason jar lid and print it on whatever kind of paper or label you want.

[​IMG]

14. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Yeah Brad's on track here for labelling.....but my labels are the real label off the tin..... with leaf. Info in most cases. I figured why not use the labels too and the tins recycle for many uses or just toss 'em

Removing the labels off SG tins are easy but ya gotta be SLOW & EASY. Take a sharp knife edge or razor and just pick at the edge intil some of it starts to work up and away from the tin. Spread out your assault in both directions and work the entire line going. Eventually, you'll be able to use yyour fingernails and or just fingers to slowly lift the sticker. If it starts to tear, use the knife edge or razor to bring things back on track. It's tedious but if you smoke a bowl while you're doin' it, it's all good! ;)

It's a joy going through my small jars whenever I'm choosin' my next round of smokes.

I've since replaced the match-box spacers with the narrow strips of cardboard from the SG/GH boxes....works great. I'm working on a plug flat of 12 4oz jars and will probably keep a chopping block and blade in the flat with the pound o'plugs :D

Ed
    Puff

15. ruffinogold

Thats a god idea Brad !
    Gottcha Puff , .... just gotta be carteful and take my time . I know that theres a clear sticker thing that takes a wine label off real easy .... I might look into that as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.