1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Can't Catch A Break (Ebay)

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Rugbysh9, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

So I've been snaked on every Falcon pipe I've bid on over the last week. This is really getting old :D I hate my dental stem and want to get one with a normal bit.

2. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

try buying one off falconeer? ebay aint all its cracked up to be. every damn thing i've tried to buy this month has failed miserably.

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Yeah , seems like everyone has a program to bid price up at last 2 seconds . I know where your're comming from ...bummer

4. Philthy

Philthy Member

I already did my ranting pissing and crying over my lousy ebay luck the other day.

On a positive note, I managed to get a new bowl for my falcon. Guy had two stems???(go figger) and the bowl with no bids. I asked what he wanted for just the bowl and he said $15 plus shipping :eek:
    I offered ten including shipping and he bit. Got here today and its in great condition.

5. woody

woody Admin Admin

Sounds like you still made out in the end. Good deal :eek:

6. Philthy

Philthy Member

I thought so. I try not to get caught up in the passion of the moment on EBay. I only go for what I think are really really good deals

7. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Man up and order one from 4noggins. They are like 30 bucks.

8. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

But an estate is so much better, the new ones are nothing but fills.

9. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Sounds like Rugs has the bowl but wants a new frame/stem

10. cst

cst Member

Sorry Rugs, I may have grabbed a couple of those out from under you. :unsure: I never bid on anything before the last thirty minutes of an auction, just so I don't accidentally drive up the price on something by building interest.
    I am done buying used Falcons for a while, anyway. Got lots of restoring to do. I really don't get why people let so much cake build up. You just end up grinding it out later. By the way there are a couple of lightly used ones coming to a close in the next day or so, that if I hadn't already spent all my budget already, I would jump on. Good luck.

11. Philthy

Philthy Member

and certainly don't go by me!
    My middle name must be hubris, ...or folly... or just plain dumbass! Tried that pretty new bowl and guess what? No workee! Looks like it would fit but the base is just a hair flatter and threads are a littel chewed up. I dont know if it goes on another pipe or was just over-torqued.

Guess I have to MAN UP and order from 4noggins as Sasquatch commanded.

12. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I don't have any internet access at home, so I can't get caught up in ebay too badly. Sooner or later if you want something you just have to buy it.

That being said, I did bid on a tin of Christmas Cheer 98 yesterday afternoon, only to come in this morning and see that I lost it by $1.

13. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Don't worry Jon, I'll think of you while I smoke it.

14. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Afraid I 'stole' one of those Falcons, too. Needs work, but I got it cheap. (No, I didn't snipe it, either.) Also got a 50 year old Kirsten...didn't receive it yet...i hope I can restore it. And yeah, those last minute bidders drive me knuckin' futs too. Lost two Stannies and a Pete to last minute frenzies. Dejected, I went the man up route and spent the money on a new bulldog Pete Killarney from Rich at 4noggins. Got it today, St. Patty's day...kinda neat. Phew, a few dozen more pipes and maybe I can finally start building up a respectable tobacco cellar...right after I get my order in at Walker's...and maybe a meer, and...and...

...I'm screwed. :D

15. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]....yup, screwed!

16. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

I feel the ebay pain too. I was up for a nice Edwards Canadian a few days back. I was in the lead for $16 and maxed to $25. In the last three minutes someone started bidding it up. I let them have it at $50. No point in paying as much or more than I would for a similar pipe from a retailer.

Bri2k

17. Wydeboi

Wydeboi Member

I don't use eBay anymore. If I want it, I buy it. There are so many sniper programs and people bidding things up to outrageous levels that I've abandoned eBay. It may seem to be my loss but now if I see a pipe I want I jut buy it. Haven't seen many that I want but I'm thinking of a Sas.

18. cst

cst Member

I don't know fellas, maybe I am just lucky but I haven't paid over ten dollars for any of these Falcons I got on ebay. I have certainly missed a lot of them. Them's the breaks.

19. Rider

Rider Member

im not going to lie, im a sniper lol (havent killed any falcons) i usually dont bid at all untill the last second and then put in my bid plus a max bid if i have time. just remember that eventualy you WILL get a good deal and it will be worth the wait. if i dont win something i wait for another one and at least i still get some pleasure for making the other guy have to pay more :bangin:

20. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Rider, its comments like that, that keep you from getting invited to all the "in-crowd" events...lol...:P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.