1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Cao moontrance

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by RealityCheck, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Member

Well payday is around the corner and I am the biggest fan of fruity tobaccos...anyone ever try CAO Moontrance and enjoy it?

2. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

I never have, but I have heard guys around the B&M say it's a good non-goopy Aro.

3. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Hey RC; For what it's worth I have tried it and wanted to like it but could not even get halfway through a tin. I love fruity high quality aromatics but this stuff was subpar for me.

I highly recommend;
    4 Noggins - Lord Methley's, 3 Blind Moose
    Boswell's - Berry Cobbler, Raspberry & Cream, and Christmas Cookie

4. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Member

I got some Christmas Cookie in a trade not too long ago, I enjoyed it. Thanks for those suggestions, i'll check that 4 Noggins out. :)

5. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

It is a decent enough aro, but I don't go to it often, it's just too bland for me. It does smoke well though and won't gunk up your pipe.

Mington likes this.
  6. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Seems like Blue Note and Sweet Vanilla Honeydew are better reviewed by pipers. I say this not ever having either. Just thought I'd mention it.

7. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Well, you could always buy one of CAO's little cigars in the same flavor and see what you think, though I suspect there would be some differences. Maybe if you unroll it and put the filler leaf in a pipe...

8. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I tried 3 CAO's including this one and smoked 1 bowl each and off'ed them. (They were dumped on me by someone who didn't like them either.
    As stated above; too goopy and was way to eak for my tastes. Not too much flavor (IMO).
    They need to stick with cigars.

9. Bent

Bent Member

Not many tobaccos get consistently bad reviews, the CAO aromatics seem to. I 've tried 3 different aromatics from CAO and gave up; burn too hot and the casing is applied with an extremely heavy hand.

Have you tired Erinmore Flake and Erinmore Mixture?

10. jkstewart1

jkstewart1 Member

I rather enjoy the tin I have, but it does have a couple of years of age on it. The vanilla and whiskey tend to come out a bit more than the fruit and it's not goopy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.