1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

CAO Pipe tobacco

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by soundlzrd, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

I heard or read somewhere that its future is in question. Is this true?

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I havent heard anything ... but these days it's all in question it seems .

3. Major

Major Member

its future is in question with me anyway. I'll never buy their toby again thats for sure.

4. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

MrBen sent me 2: Eileen's Dream and Moontrace.
    Tried Elieen last night, gave it a rating of 1 if that.
    Will try Moontrance tonight and let ya know.
    I think they might want to stick to cigars only!

*Want mine?

5. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

I personally like the moon trance, not tried the others. What did you think of the moon trance?

6. Major

Major Member

Moontrance is very similar in flavor to eileens dream and yet you can define the differences bewteen the two.

But they both have one thing in common :puke: and they will ghost a pipe royally bad. If I was forced to choose bewteen the two at gunpoint then I would choose Moonstruck. Just too much of the flowered perfume and soapy flavor in CAO toby's. I've heard their cigars are really good though. They just suck with pipe toby

Now if you wanna try something tasty and just as sweet.... Here's a dessert blend you can't pass up trying at least once.

Solani Sweet Mystery

Solani Red Label

I'm sure Mr. Mington would agree with the 2 Solani blends as well. After all I sent him those as well and he seemed to enjoy them.

7. Kyler

Kyler Member

I personally have not smoked any of the new CAO pipe tobacco, but I have not heard anything good about them. I had the chance awhile back to buy a bunch of Blue Note cheap and another type so I bought a pound of each. So I am glad I did.

There have been rumors for years that CAO was getting or is going to get out of the pipe & pipe tobacco business for years. Since the company was sold it has even taken further seat in the back of bus compared to their cigar business. It really is just a matter of time before they completely get out of the pipe business. I really won't be upset since CAO hasn't really put any effort into their pipe business in some time. It is a shame since I own 3 really nice CAO Meerschaums that all smoke really well.

8. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

I don't smoke a lot of cigars but I did enjoy CAOs cigars when I tried them. They are for people who enjoy flavors other than tobacco. The blends don't really translate well when put into a pipe. They are very goopy and they don't really have a range of flavor. I'm slowly finishing a tin of Cherrybomb that makes me think my money would have been spent better on something else. I'm not against Moontrance. At first, I hated it but it grew on me. I'm in no rush to replenish my supply, though.

I like the packaging. I'm not thrilled by their promotional material which seems to have been done with photoshop last time I looked. The product isn't bad but I get more bang for my buck with other blends. I'm not surprised they haven't made a success in the pipe market. Their tobacco isn't really designed for pipes as far as I've experienced.

Cheers,
    WK

9. ZuluSafari

ZuluSafari Member

I have a tin of Eileen's Dream, and a tin of Moontrance that I am in no hurry to smoke. I didn't care for either of them when I opened the tins, and am now hoping they mellow with age.

10. Redone

Redone Member

I have Moontrance and at first liked it. But the more I smoke it the less i do. Allot of the reason is comparing it to other brands I have bought since then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.