1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Capstan Gold ready rubbed

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Snake, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Hi All,

Yes you can get tobacco about half the UK price in Teneriffe - but because Spain worked a legal trick to keep the island a free port (legally it isn't in the EEC; though mainland Spain and the Balearics are )you can only bring back a small ammount legally - at Glasgow airport the Customs check the incoming flights for tobacco - which has its advantages; the last Cartier Watch I bought there and wore through customs passed unnoticed as they were so fixated on smokeables!

I go to the north of the island and like Puerto de La Cruz - there is a large and excellent pipe shop and tobacconists just of the main squre there beside the expensive jewellers on the way to the Marquesssa old traditional and absolutely lovely hotel.

Don't know the tobacconists in the south - don't like it there!

Best as ever

2. S700KY

S700KY Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Thanks Gerry, I will have a look. The South is very quiet, but great if your a golfer. I have stayed in Gulf-de-sur a couple of times, but prefer Adeje on the west coast. There are some malls nearby so I will pay more attention this time and have a look.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.