1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Capt Black Pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Dr Dover, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Dover

Dr Dover Member

During Desert Shield/Storm I ordered two pipes from the wraper of a pouch of CB. (a lot tobacco companies use to do ths). They survived the Saudie desert, six months on living on a tank, and one tour to Somailia before one burnt out. It is decades later and I still smoke one of the two in rotation. These pipes were got cheap but smoked great! My question is, does any one know who made these for CB? I can't tell because they are marked CB and ship style. Every few years I buy a pouch of CB to smoke, but always in secret hope to find another pipe offer. I am looking for who made them, does anyone know of a stock source, info on how to replace one of the two.

2. Ozark Nick

Ozark Nick Member

Pictures?

3. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

I know Lane owns CB and at the time I believe they owned Grabow,they may have been made in Sparta,but not sure.

4. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

I have two CB pipes, made in england stamped on them. I think Orlik made them, but am not certain. They are both excellent smokers.

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I had one from the order slip on the pouch ... I liked it a lot but sadly it's been gone some time now . I'm sure a number of places have made them over the years . I think the London Made ones are newer but I really don't know either .. except they are good smokers

6. Dr Dover

Dr Dover Member

I did research the Orlik lead. I believe "Smokey" is right. I am going to keep my eye out for these. Sadly, one full bent suffered nearly a side burn out (for lack of better words). We were making a night road trip during a sandstorm. With the strong cross winds and me puffing like a train, I damaged it. Still have the other. Looking for more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.