1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

carbon fibre effect falcon bowls

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by loaf, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loaf

loaf Member

anyone got/tried them?

im looking forwards to purchasing my first falcon, and i like the look of the carbon fibre effect bowls (im in engineering, and i wont be taken seriously unless my pipe is as high tech as possible)

just wanted to know if any of you experienced falcon puffers know of any problems with these (rather costly) bowls?

any input is appreciated. [​IMG]

2. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi

I've never used one - the effect is too avant garde for an Old Guy like me - as far as I know they're briar and it's just a decorative finish, but as I say that's as far as I know. Would love to hear how you find them and how they smoke,

Best to all

Gerry

3. loaf

loaf Member

thanks for the rapid reply, all the info i can find suggest that they are real briar with a finish, which is fine with me, i just wanted to make sure the finish didnt cause any problems with cake build up or anything like that.

im in university, studying motorsport engineering with the focus being on motorbikes, so i need a high performance pipe, the replaceable bowl also means i can smoke my favourite english baccy, which everyone hates the smell of, at home, but then switch bowls and smoke aro's and maybe VA's in public, so as not to offend my mates in the beer garden.

4. loaf

loaf Member

after scouring the net and finding no negative press, ive taken the plunge and ordered a straight stem standard mouthpiece, a smooth dover bowl and a carbon effect bulldog bowl.

i will of course be keeping you all informed once they arrive

5. fruktflugan

fruktflugan Member

Review or it didn't happen!
    :roflmao:

Actually I was at one point very interested in the carbon fibre bowls. Let us know! :D

6. Njemt527

Njemt527 Member

What site did you find these at?

7. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

I do not own a falcon, but I did do a lot of research on them and I loved the carbon fiber effect. I think it goes well with the stem. :thumb:

8. loaf

loaf Member

http://www.mysmokingshop.co.uk/

this is where i made my order, but i think these guys only deliver to the UK

if you are interested, http://www.smoke1.co.uk/ carry the carbon bowls and deliver to the US, but their prices are a little higher than the first place.

i will of course be posting an in depth review of my first falcon and bowls, and maybe even pictures if you ask nicely.

[​IMG]

9. rusty

rusty Member

Please Post pictures, thankyou very much :eek:hyeah:

10. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Rusty pics are as posted at the link by Loaf.

When I first took up Falcons all those years ago they were seen as hi-tec if not futuristic by the standards of the time - were I young now I'd probably be very very impressed with the carbon fibre effect and absolutely go for them.

Mind you, even at this stage I could possibly be persuaded to collect them for the rest of my life...

The posted link leads to a long established reputable dealer with whom I have had " a satisfactory retail experience" in the past and can recommend by the way!

Best to all

Gerry

11. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

12. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

:roflmao: :lolu: :0laugh:

That'd hold one heckuva lot of toby!

I've got a Falcon Extra along with a smooth and carbon fiber bowl in my shopping card on JN. Barber Ltd's site. I'm THIS CLOSE to hitting submit to buy it.

13. loaf

loaf Member

if i were you, TS, id wait until i have mine and have reviewed it, in case they turn out to be crap.

just friendly advice.

14. Longrifle3006

Longrifle3006 Member

I'm really not too sure about the carbon fibre bowls. Carbon fibre has a bad habit of failing without warning....just *snap* and it's broken. I'd be afraid of getting a little too spirited with a new blend and cause an unforeseen catastrophic non-linear discontinuation of the bowl, and wipe out the entire pipe (and possibly some eyebrows) in the process.

15. loaf

loaf Member

they arent genuine carbon fibre, its briar with a cosmetic effect.

16. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

Thanks, but my PAD won out. I ordered a Falcon and a few bowls, one of them being one of the carbon fiber ones. If it turns out to be crap it'll at least be a conversation piece. As if the Falcon itself isn't conversation piece enough. :P

17. loaf

loaf Member

got my falcon yesterday, first impressions are great, havent had the chance to play with the carbon bowl yet, will have a smoke and post a proper review in a few days time, when im all moved into my new flat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.