Cary NC.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Linus, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linus

Linus Member

Hey guys and gals, does anyone know if there just happen to be a good tobaccoshop in or not too far from Cary in North Carolina? (i guess Raleigh whould be within reach).
    Im. Not going there myself but have a friend who is willing to do me a service :)

2. dbt13

dbt13 Sales Account

Pipes by George is in Raleigh is small but they usually have a number of good tins, also he usually has penzance on hand. It's a bit pricey.

There is a place in Cary called Tobaccoist of Cary but I've never been there.

3. dbt13

dbt13 Sales Account

There is also one called Tinderbox in Raleigh.

Are you looking for anything specific?

4. Linus

Linus Member

Acctually very specific, 8oz tin of G.LPease, Haddos Delight.
    2oz of McLeeland St James blending perique
    And rounded off with 2 oz of Cornell and Diehl, exhausted rooster :)

Penzance contains Latakia if i recall right so unfortunatly that aint for me :/

5. dbt13

dbt13 Sales Account

Pipes by George had some 2oz Haddos Delight when I was there a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure about the other two, though he does carry both C&D and McClelland. I'm certain that Tinderbox has none of them.

6. dbt13

dbt13 Sales Account

When will your friend be NC? JRs has St James Woods (not sure about the blending perique) and Exhausted Rooster. It's about an hour from Raleigh but I get out there every couple of weeks and could pick up some.

7. Linus

Linus Member

Okey, i guess either 4noggins or pipesandcigarrs could manage it, but i know that at smaller shop whould benefit more even from a small sale :) even if i live in europe i still belive in support the small shops instead of the gigants. None of those are sold here otherwise i whould have gone trough my local tobaccoshop.

8. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

For what it's worth, 4noggins is the smaller of the two, and does a discount for our forum (coupon code: PSF).

Linus and Stonewall like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.