1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Cassano Pipes?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by DMWyatt, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMWyatt

DMWyatt Member

Anyone have experience with Cassano pipes, and might be able to offer a review? I'm interested in how well they're constructed, how they smoke, etc. I'm specifically looking into getting one of this type:

Cassano Rustic Calabash

Rewster66 likes this.
  2. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

I have that exact same pipe. Bought it ten years ago when I first tried to start smoking a pipe. Well, I gave up back then because things just weren't coming together for me. Now that I've been learning from the old farts on this forum, gaining skill and confidence, I realize that this pipe might have significantly contributed to my lack of success ten years ago.

I have found no combination of blend or drying time that doesn't end in a half-smoked gurgling mess. This is my only Cassano, so I won't offer an opinion on the brand. However, I will encourage you to steer away from this shape/brand combo.

3. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Lestrade and Elwin like this.
  4. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

That's a nice looking pipe BigJ!

5. atwageman

atwageman Member

The shop I hang out at got some Cassano pipes in last year and most of the bent shapes had difficulty passing a pipe cleaner. Needless to say they don't stock them anymore.

6. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

I want to update this due to some recent developments. A few weeks ago I took one last stab at this pipe. I improved the draft hole and countersunk the tenon. Since then, I have finally been able to smoke this pipe enough to build a cake in the heel. The draft hole enters the bowl a little too high, but if I'm careful when packing it, I get a great smoke from it. Sometimes a little tweaking with a drill bit can work wonders.

Forum Running

BigJ likes this.
  7. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Forum Running

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.