1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Cassano Pipes?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by DMWyatt, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMWyatt

DMWyatt Member

Anyone have experience with Cassano pipes, and might be able to offer a review? I'm interested in how well they're constructed, how they smoke, etc. I'm specifically looking into getting one of this type:

Cassano Rustic Calabash

Rewster66 likes this.
  2. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

I have that exact same pipe. Bought it ten years ago when I first tried to start smoking a pipe. Well, I gave up back then because things just weren't coming together for me. Now that I've been learning from the old farts on this forum, gaining skill and confidence, I realize that this pipe might have significantly contributed to my lack of success ten years ago.

I have found no combination of blend or drying time that doesn't end in a half-smoked gurgling mess. This is my only Cassano, so I won't offer an opinion on the brand. However, I will encourage you to steer away from this shape/brand combo.

3. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Lestrade and Elwin like this.
  4. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

That's a nice looking pipe BigJ!

5. atwageman

atwageman Member

The shop I hang out at got some Cassano pipes in last year and most of the bent shapes had difficulty passing a pipe cleaner. Needless to say they don't stock them anymore.

6. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

I want to update this due to some recent developments. A few weeks ago I took one last stab at this pipe. I improved the draft hole and countersunk the tenon. Since then, I have finally been able to smoke this pipe enough to build a cake in the heel. The draft hole enters the bowl a little too high, but if I'm careful when packing it, I get a great smoke from it. Sometimes a little tweaking with a drill bit can work wonders.

Forum Running

BigJ likes this.
  7. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Forum Running

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.