1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

cavendish leaves me numb

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Goat, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goat

Goat Active Member

Every time I smoke cavendish it leaves my tongue a little numb. It's not tongue bite, I mean numb.
    Also Va give me a bit of dry mouth.
    Anyone else have similiar experiences?

2. OldSouled65

OldSouled65 Active Member

I have a combination of both of those when I smoke some of McClelland's VAs. Probably just a weird chemical thing.

3. Johnny

Johnny Member

Is this just from a blend containing a little bit of cavendish or just cavendish? Like OldSouled65 said though, probably body chemistry

4. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

I've got an allergy to cavendish. Something with the way it's prepared/fermented just doesn't agree with my system.

5. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

all cavendish or specific blends?

6. Goat

Goat Active Member

Seems to be any cavendish. Weird.
    Took me awhile to narrow down what was going on and what was causing it.

7. Johnny

Johnny Member

It could be the food you are eating too, has this been something that started recently or? I had a problem with Latakia a few years ago making me feel sick but I've overcome it. I eat a lot better now and I don't have any problems with it anymore

8. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

My lips go slightly numb with perique blends. Someone suggested that it may be caused by the pH of one's saliva.
    Also, many Aros, especially the OTC's, are heavily dosed with Polyethylene Glycol, which keeps them moist.

9. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Nope, seems to be cavendish in general. Makes it hard to breath for a while after. Any time I have had a problem, cavendish seems to be the constant.

10. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Anything that makes it hard to breath is bad! There are many other types of tobaccos out there. I wouldn't give it a second thought. Try only blends without any and if you never experience it again you'll know. Just out of curiosity, how many Cavendish blends have you tried?

11. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Because Cavendish is steamed then aged somewhat, I could see that whatever microbes are present in the fermentation process may irritate some folks.

12. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Active Member

I haven't had that problem with Cavendish. But I do find its flavor a bit muted compared to the original leaf, which makes me smoke it faster to wring a little more taste out of it. Of course, this ends up smoking hotter.

13. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Yea I smoke everything else (except perique) with no prob. Probably tried a good dozen or so. I have a bad mold allergy so I'm really hit or miss with anything tha lt ferments.

14. whitebriar

whitebriar Member

no problem with cavendish--however i did, in a former life, have a problem with Latakia giving me a headache--lately i seem to have overcome that little medical curiosity--Morley's Best is the tobacco i call 'my blend' now--BUT i can't still handle a real "Lat bomb"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.