I store 99% of my cellared tobacco in Mason jars. The other 1% I keep in the original vacuum sealed tins. Example: I buy three tins of a blend and open two tins. I store the contents of one tin in a sealed (not vacuumed) Mason jar. I smoke one of the tins and leave the third tin alone. I don't know where I picked this up or why I do it. I like for the tobacco to age a bit, so I don't vacuum the tins. I'm just curious to what others do and why.