Cellaring

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by BluesGuy, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

Ok everything you guys have said indicated that aromatic's and a cellar are not conducive.....I was just reading the description of Peter Stokkebye Bulk Luxury Bullseye Flake.........."Lightly aromatic, medium strength"......So don't bother?

2. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

The core of the Bullseyes are cavendish, thats where the "mild aromatic" comes from. The remainder of the coins are a VaPer mix. They will and do age quite nicely.

3. woody

woody Admin Admin

I wouldn't call LBF an aromatic and see no reason why it wouldn't keep in a mason jar.

4. The German Shepherd

The German Shepherd Member

That tobacco has a fair content of Virginia.  The center is a cavendish that is the aromatic component (from what I understand).  My guess is that aging will work with this blend because of the Virginias.

Jay

5. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

Great as I really like this......so in the same vain then the Luxury Twist Flake would age well too.

6. woody

woody Admin Admin

I've never tried it but I'm sure it would be fine as well.

7. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

OH YEAH...I loved LTF when I first tried it (ask Oglethorpe...he thought it was addictave like crack :scratchchin: ) I had purchased an entire box (1.5 lbs.) a few months ago, the 1 jar I open here and there to taste (earlier today) has noticably improved. I can only imagine what my other jars are going to taste like in another 6-12 months :whistle:

8. IHT

IHT Member

I had a bowls-worth of a sample of PS LTF from tje late 80's... had to call my buddy that gave it to me to find out what it was! Probably the best bowl i've ever had.

9. atwageman

atwageman Member

I have cellared bulk aromatics in mason jars without issue. I actually vacuum seal most of my bulk in mason jars. Controlling the amount of vacuum will result in how the tobacco ages.

10. stummel bum

stummel bum Member

The BC in LBF is definitely not enough to make it aromatic. I can't even really taste it. It definitely ages well though.

I personally don't even thing that unflavored BC is even aromatic at all, since the production of it is not unlike perique, but that's a different topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.