1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Chacom

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by buistd, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buistd

buistd Active Member

Whilst in Jerry's Cigar Bar in Bruges yesterday I was browsing the pipes and came across a Chacom Havane pipe that I have added to the PAD list. Funds are low at the moment so I couldn't buy it on the spot, and I don't remember really seeing much mention on Chacom pipes in terms of their quality. The stem on the one I saw looked to be hand cut which is quite impressive on a pipe that retails for just short of £50 in Blighty. Just wondering what experiences people have had with Chacoms.

2. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

I have two and they both suit me fine.

3. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I had a Havane bulldog that was just lovely. I had another that was not a well put together pipe. If you are holding it in your hands and it looks good, it probably is.

4. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

I have a Black Magic that looks fantastic and smokes well but has an uncomfortable acrylic bit and a Salsa 812 that I hate due to poor engineering. Neither pipe has been smoked in the last two years. They tend to more style conscious than most makers but I wouldn't recommend them questionable qc and engineering.

5. noodle

noodle Member

i have one its a cheapo festival, it smokes well but the briar is full of pits and fills.

it does smoke though so thats the important bit

6. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Member

I have an Atlante
    [​IMG]
    a Carrare
    [​IMG]
    and a Millenium
    [​IMG]
    They are among my most reliable briars. Chacom is very big, like Butz-Choquin, so they get the best briar from the suppliers.
    My Atlante and Carrare have cost me $75 in 1995, my Millenium, $150 in 2007. The Carrare's stain is going away but all three are excellent smokers.

7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

They've been at it a long time ! They make a fine pipe :th1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.