1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Charles Fairmorn Sterling Balkan questions.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by afiaowo, Nov 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afiaowo

afiaowo Member

Is this blend as strong as tobaccoreviews states?

I've found through other Balkan blends that I prefer to have both Syrian and Cyprian orientals? Do you know if this blend has both?

How balanced are the orientals to the Virginia and Latikia?

How heavely is it cased? I've found that I prefer most tinned blends to bulk because they're more heavenly cased. It seems as though this adds that certain kind of thickness to the smoke.

Thanks for considering answering all my questions.

2. JRobert

JRobert Serious Cat Forum Guide

Smokingpipes.com has this in bulk. You can buy an ounce for $3.38. I think that's the best way to answer your questions... :)

3. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

I found this one just lately. I don't find this a strong blend. Sreling Balkan has a sweetness I've not found with any other balkan. If I'd have known about this earlier I would have bought much more of it and much less of others. I did buy 2 ounces at first followed with an order for 2 pounds.

afiaowo likes this.
  4. afiaowo

afiaowo Member

That sounds promising. I've only had a few bulk blends from Edwards, Peter Stokkebye and Planta. For me, they have a tendency lack sweetness and the texture of the smoke is very dry.

Do you think Sterling Balkan balances the sweetness of say Peterson tins and the bulks I've tried? How would you compare the strength to the Stokkebye and Planta blends?

Thanks!

Ol Brokedik likes this.
  5. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

The only blend with latakia I have from Peterson is Old Dublin. The sweetness between the two is the significant difference for me. The sweetness in Old Dublin is mellowed out and mixes well with the rest of the tobaccos. I have many pounds of Stokkebye Balkan Supreme. The sweetness in Balkan Supreme is less noteworthy in a good kind of way. I don't have any product from Planta or Edwards so I can't make any comparisons here. Strength wise I'd put Sterling Balkan and Balkan Supreme on the same level of Mild to Medium. The one thing that sets Sterling Balkan apart from all the others is the way the sweetness comes out. It's there at the beginning and it's there at the end. To me, the sweetness is it's own seperate ellement.

afiaowo likes this.
  6. afiaowo

afiaowo Member

Thanks for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.