Cheap bulk Latakia for mixing?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Dave Dueck, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave Dueck

Dave Dueck Member

I discovered I really love Smoker's Pride BC and Lane's BCA (very very little difference between the two that I can tell) and I can imagine this being a dream tobacco mixed about 2:1 with a decent latakia. I'd also love to try a 2:2:1 mix with 1Q, BCA and latakia - simple, cheap and deep/tasty enough to be a satisfying all-day smoke. Problem is, I don't know where to get latakia by itself.

Anyone have a good lead on inexpensive Latakia sold by the ounce? Does such a thing even exist for the laymen? Pardon my ignorance. :confused:

2. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

P&C has a blending tobacco category in their bulk section. I'm pretty sure latakia was one of the types available.

Dave Dueck likes this.
  3. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Active Member

Cornell & Diehl has bulk lat available at smokingpipes.com

I was surprised to come across a jar of bulk lat at a cigar store/head shop recently. Not sure who the blender was. In any event, I wasn't about to buy anything out of any jars in that establishment.

Dave Dueck likes this.
  4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

SP BC is great ! As far as the bulk Latakia , etailers have it for sale and it's not super pricey ... heck , it's not like you need to use alot anyway . Another thing that might be a good Idea is to buy some Lancers slices . It's a killer Lat/Va slice blend that you could smoke as is or add some to the SP BC .

Dave Dueck and Trauma like this.
  5. Trauma

Trauma Active Member

If you find it let us know how it is! The blend of the two sounds like it would be awesome!

Dave Dueck likes this.
  6. Dave Dueck

Dave Dueck Member

Tonight I threw some SP BC into a baggie 50/50 with a lat bomb house blend called "Blend 71" from a nearby cigar shop. It's a very bold, very smoky and spicy English and I needed to tone it down some.

After adding the black cav it's an absolutely delicious mix. I see my suspicions were confirmed - smoky latakia and vanilla black cavendish are great together! Next time I order from P&C I'll grab a quarter pound each of their blending lat and Lancer's Slices - the latter sounds particularly good. Thanks for the tips, gents!

Trauma likes this.
  7. OldSouled65

OldSouled65 Active Member

I second Cornell & Diehl bulk latakia. I add it to Haunted Bookshop sometimes.

8. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

Lane makes Smoker's Pride, so the slight difference between the two BC's is not surprising. :)

9. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Latakia is habit forming. A great many of us are hopelessly addicted. (joking here)

Welcome.
    Ol Brokedik.

OldSouled65 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.