1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheapest LTF???

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Charles, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charles

Charles Member

Where can I find the lowest price for some PS Luxury Twist Flake? Is it a good bulk replacement for Orlik Golden Slice?

2. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Mars Cigars has the best price if you go for the full 1.5 pound box.

Pipes and Cigars.Com has it at the best price for a pound or less.

Cup O Joes.com has prices just a little higher than Pipes and Cigars, but I think Joes has better customer service.

LTF (Luxury Twist Flake) has an aromatic quality and taste that reminds me of Danish Butter Cookies, whereas I think OGS (Orlik Golden Slice) has a more natural flavor. I don't know if they really compare, other than they are both very good. I like LTF better, and it's a lot less expensive. I don't think you can go wrong with LTF.

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

4. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

5. RTOdhner

6. ruffinogold

I've been getting tobacco from them for quite a while ... they are good people . At some point I thought they were gonna stop selling pipe tobacco on line but it seems thats past ... which is a good thing .

7. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Luxury Navy Flake LNF is the 'Luxury' blend that approximates OGS...but LNF is a vaper. If you can't abide perique, you won' t like LNF.

8. RTOdhner

Is that their regular price for LTF? Are those their regular prices for LNF and LBF?

9. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

Well.. crap.. cup o joes will sell you pounds of that stuff.. guess it depends on how much you want.. is you're looking for pounds.. cop o joes is your place.. if you're looking for less than that.. ****.. cop o joes is still your place.

10. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Thanks for the link Ruff. I ordered a bunch of samplers and 4oz of LTF. Hope it comes in good shape.

11. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

Thanks for this! They have a BUNCH of Drug store blend pouches, at decent prices! I've been wanting to put an order in of some Drug store blends, but $6+ for 2 oz of some of their drug store blends (that they likely get from a tub) from 4noggins just seemed crazy to me. I ordered some LTF from them as well!

12. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

They also have a bunch of trial 1 oz for only 1.67 . I bought a bunch from them.

13. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

Exactly...the shipping was pricey, at $14...but I saved that or more over ordering from 4Noggins... I got 4 ozs of LTF for the price of 2ozs everywhere else.

14. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

My shipping was only $6. I do live the next state over though.

15. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

I sent PipesAndCigars a couple emails, and I didn't get a response. Even with the high shipping, it's not bad. I may order from them again...it just kind of sucks they don't have a good selection of pipes.

16. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

I will definitely order all my PS tobys from them.

17. ruffinogold

I've tried a number of the Century aro blends ... the z50 balck cordial is really killer. The rum and maple was nice . The Century natural is a super nice smoke . I didnt care for the Irish cream or what ever its called . They used to carry Macbaren bulk but dont anymore ... that hurt cause i used to buy my MB GE there . They have PA Soft vanilla and Cherry Vanilla ... both are very good .I've been bagging PS stuff there . It's where i ordered sweet vanilla for the first time . Their 6 dollar rubber lined vynl fold up pouch is tops ... I've used mine everyday for about a year i guess and it keeps tobacco perfect . I could go on about wv . I wished they had more ... but what they have is what I need .

18. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Thanks for the link to them. I bought the z5o black cordial and the PA cherry/vanilla. Along with 6 different PS items.

19. ruffinogold

Cool ! youre gonna be " pipe happy " for a while ! It's nice when a store /site offers 1 oz blends . I really dig the PA cherry vanilla ... keep it in good condition .. if it gets dry .. it gets warmer . It's not like it's a wet aro by any means . I left some out and it got dry ... thought I'd try it anyway but it wasnt as good dry . It's perfect for hot weather .. I ordered some before a trip to Miami at the end of last winter to test it in heat and it was a great smoke ! The PA Soft vanilla is real good too . Lets us know what ya think of the z50 after a few bowls !

20. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

I got some Rum and Maple. I was browsing through Boswells, and saw that it was not in stock there, so I figured it has to be good stuff. Good thing I ordered some :)

I also got PA Cherry Vanilla, Half and Half, SWRA and regular PA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.