1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Check out the stem on this pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by pottsy, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pottsy

pottsy Member

Ok, so not crazy about the bowl shape, but the stem on this pipe is really neat!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/LIMITED-RELEASE...087?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e5e80a14f

2. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

Most unusual pipe. I quite like it, I'm sort of leaning toward the more unusual lately. There are some very clever carvers out there.
    Keep this one in mind for ideas in future models Pottsy.
    Cheers.

3. greasemunki85

greasemunki85 Member

Oh my god.. can we say pipegasm?
    Thats awesome! Butz Choquin deffinitly makes some interesting designs.
    I've been kinda wanting one for a while now, but that makes me want one even more.
    They are different pipes, and nothing really too traditional about some of the lines Ive seen from them.
    Im putting a BC on the PAD list with a Nording Giant Freehand and a Falcon.. :)

4. Philthy

Philthy Member

We got several of these into the store recently. More than one had several fills. More than I thought the price warranted. Other than that they were okay. On a personal note I did not care for them from an asthetic standpoint but again that is purely personal.

5. pottsy

pottsy Member

Well, I like the stem, and that's about it. I wouldn't buy the pipe as I really do not like the bowl shape. But damn that stem is sweet.

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

ya know what would be cool . To have something on the stem like that ... that you could pull off an use as a tamper .

7. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

Looks great in the picture, someone actually made something different.

8. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi,

Though I normally have pretty conservative tastes as regards pipes - I really like that one. Were I in the market for another pipe ( which I'm definitely not! ) that one could be tempting.

Thanks for posting

Gerry

9. Gondar

Gondar Member

Now that is food for thought. :)
    Pretty darn cool actually.

10. Burner

Burner Member

That is taking the idea of a thumb groove and really running with it. Looks really striking.

11. GlassEye

GlassEye Member

I was looking at those about a week ago. The stem is what caught my attention, the bowl shape is interesting, but I think a less extreme groove might look better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.