1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Cherry!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Medicgeek, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Medicgeek

Medicgeek Member

I've been smoking some Cherry tobacco lately. Not really feeling Middleton's. I like Captain Black Cherry but reviews don't seem to speak very highly of it. What am I missing out on? What are your favorite cherry blends?

2. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Captain Black Cherry is okay, McClelland's Three Cherries Blend is better in my opinion and take Tobacco Reviews with a grain of salt, in the last couple of years that site has gone to hell in a hand basket, no moderation, no standards etc.

ruffinogold and Medicgeek like this.
  3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Yeah , Middletons Cherry is barely Cherry , though I do enjoy it . I love a good Cherry blend and I have not had the CB Cherry , which is a drag cause I don't know how to judge what you like about it . But heres my spin on some Cherry blends . IRC Cherry Cordial is the best tasting American style cherry blend because it tastes like a ripe fresh cherry . It could use a little dry time but it's not a big deal .... you wont care when youre smoking it !I was surprised that the Tobacco Galleria Wild Cherry was a nice cherry blend that wasn't overdone . CAO Cherry Bomb is more the fake flavored cherry but it's pretty good and the CAO brand seems to be one of the few tins a " Cigar Shop ' will carry .. so maybe you have a cigar shop near ya . MB 7 Seas Red is a mild Cherry and is a nice smoking blend . If youre wanting a Black Cherry flavor .. then Sutliff St. George is a killer American style Aro . The highest quality tobacco Cherry is G&H Top Black Cherry ... it is simply wonderful . It's an aro that isn't just an aro ... it tastes like a" tobacco " blend but an aro at the same time .. if that makes any sense . It's expensive [ a pound is 50 bucks ] but you can buy a tin for 10 bucks .... http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/gawith-hoggarth/tinned/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=6049 .

4. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

Don't worry about what reviews say too much. I used to like Paladin, and almost everyone on here hates it. Prince Albert makes an OK cherry vanilla, but I highly recommend Sutliff's St. Georges Blend. It's got a great cherry flavor that doesn't taste artificial. I have also heard good things about Gawith & Hoggarth's Top Black Cherry. I have a tin but haven't cracked it open yet.

bubbagump and ruffinogold like this.
  5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

+1
    Why do I forget to mention PA Cherry Vanilla :eek: ......... both PA Cherry Vanilla and PA Soft Vanilla are wonderful . They aren't everywhere , but they are here ........ http://wvsmokeshop.com/princealbert.aspx

Smokey Tom likes this.
  6. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Smokers Price Cherry Cavendish is another option. I haven't smoke it for a while but if I remember correctly I enjoyed it.

Basil Meadows and ruffinogold like this.
  7. bosun

bosun Active Member

I like Middleton's Cherry Blend. Been smoking Mac Baren's 7 Seas Red (cherry) which to me has a more intense room note and taste.

8. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

:thu: on Smokers Pride Cherry Cav. Used to be my go to blend before getting on this forum and finding out about TAD. Still keep a bag on hand at all times.

9. michiganlover

michiganlover Active Member

3rding the recommendation for Smoker's Pride Cherry Cavedish. It's more of a cough drop cherry flavor, but I do quite enjoy it. Most importantly, it doesn't bite badly like Paladin Black Cherry does (which has the same cough drop cherry flavor).

Unlike you, I simply love the wisp of cherry in Middleton's Cherry Blend. I consider the resulting smoke to smell delicious.

Prince Albert Cherry Vanilla is also quite tasty.

Smokey Tom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.