chilling out with St Bruno

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Stewiebob69, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stewiebob69

Stewiebob69 Member

I'm no connoiseur, but my fave smoke at mo is St Bruno flake - flavoursome, peaty & plummy/fruity. Ready rubbed ok, but not as flavoursome.

Tried Mick McQuaid square cut today and very, very disappointed in lack of taste or flavour eventhough recommended. I actually asked for plug at tobacconist, but they put it in a paperbag in shop so only found out it was square cut when got home. It has nothing on St Bruno.

For a change and different kind of smoke is Clan - packet smell: aromatic like heather (smell of Scotland), and smokes the same with delicate touch of liquorice.

2. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Aaaarrrrgh! Not the Dreaded Clan! Once got threatened with banning from this forum if I mentioned it!

St Bruno now, that is a good smoke - enjoy!

Gerry

3. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

A friend in Portugal once gifted me a 50g plastic pouch on St. Bruno; he said it was common (and cheap) where he lived. I thought it was fantastic! Wish we had it common and cheap over here.

4. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

:withstupid:

and Condor too.........

5. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

You've described St Bruno perfectly, Stewiebob! I was lucky to have some sent to me by an incredibly generous Scotsman. Wonderful stuff indeed!

6. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

If it were available here, it'd be a regular. As it is, I smoke it as a treat when I've been especially good...or when the world gangs up on me.
    Clan....<SHUDDER> :roflmao:

7. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Would the world really end if BAT or whatever UK entities that be would just make the US a market for their wares? Not really wanting to be a broken record, but c'mon! Free trade should have put this to bed aeons ago. Supply/demand and all that jazz. It's not fair! (...stomps foot and skulks away...)

8. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Yer preachin' t-the choir Yin.....

9. Stewiebob69

Stewiebob69 Member

Oh .... Clan isn't too bad. I've learned you have sip at it lightly or you get the harsh bitter bite back. Can be a bit sickly though, so in moderation. A dessert smoke, as opposed to St Bruno, which is a full meaty carvery roast dinner smoke.

Sorry to disagree with you Weed Burner, but Condor was the 1st pipe tobacco I tried, and it made me sick - too 'soapy' in taste. Mellow Virginia has a 'soapy' tinge to it too, but I can cope with it as it has a mellow toffee flavour to it too.

That's only my humble opinion, however, so don't shoot me!! lol.

10. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

I absolutely love both Condor and St Bruno, enough where I pay the high price to get it sent over to me. But Clan????? Nope, just don't get it. But to each their own. Someone likes it as it's still made.

11. Stewiebob69

Stewiebob69 Member

At the end of the day, it's as you say, each to their own and whatever floats your boat. We've all got our different tastes, whether it's music or movies. We've just got to agree to differ respectfully if we do differ in opinion.

Cheers all & happy smoking, whatever it is in your pipe. :cheers::thumbsu:

Stew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.