Chiropractors/Naturopath Advice

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Driftwoodsound, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driftwoodsound

Driftwoodsound Member

(Not sure if this is the correct forum, if not I'm sure it can be moved)

I saw my Chiropractor tonight, who is also a Naturopath, Kinesiologist and a whole bunch of other good credentials.
    I asked him about pipe smoking, the effects, and if there is any type of food/supplement that could help to combat the negative effects of tobacco and nicotine.

His advice was surprising. First he said that tabacco is not necessarily bad for you. The chemicals released from tobacco when smoked help to break down estrogen in the body. Too much estrogen can cause anxiety, and is linked to mood swings and depression. Its apparently is linked to thrombosis and blood clots as well.

The down side is that it only takes a small amount of tobacco to aid the body in this breaking down process. My Chiros advice was around 1-2 bowls a week is enough.

He also advocated smoking organic tobacco, grown and prepared without chemicals, mentioning that there is a company in Oregon that produces it. Does any one know who this might be, or could recommend a organic blend work trying?

So overall I think its good news. Makes me feel a little better about the heath effects of smoking. So long as I keep the bowls to a low count though out the week (though I'm sure the occasional 3rd or 4th bowl wont hurt) I'll be feeling good.

Just something I thought I share with you gents.

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

1-2 bowls a week !? Might as well kick the estrogen in the butt and smoke as much as you'd like . Is'nt estrogen what makes chicks .. chicks ?! Probably best to stay away from estrogen [lol]

3. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

Smoke up!!! Knock that estrogen to the moon!!!! Boost that testosterone!!!! (I lift things up and put them down)

4. Redone

Redone Member

Yeah... No Bitch tits!

ichabod likes this.
  5. ichabod

ichabod Member

I wouldn't really worry yourself over finding an organic pipe tobacco. The "chemicals" that are added to pipe tobacco are not anything hazardous.

The only organic tobacco I can think of is American Spirit, they make cigarettes. I'm really surprised that they are allowed to use the term 'organic' because the way consumers interpret that word, it makes them think that the organic product is better for you than the product that is not. I know that the labeling of 'light' and 'ultra light' etc is no longer allowed because of that exact type of thinking. anyway...

I just really wouldn't stress yourself out over it at all, smoke what you like.

ps, I told my medical doctor that I gave up cigarettes and have picked up the pipe, he praised me for it, just advised me to not inhale and do it in moderation.

6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

There was an organic tobacco from Cornell and Diehl I think Organic Pipe Dreams or some thing. NOT a well received product.

7. ddandb

ddandb Member

Organic tobacco and guys worried about their estrogen levels.
    What’s the world coming to?:rolleyes:

Great Basin Ben and ichabod like this.
  8. WillH

WillH Active Member

Actually, and you can check me out on this, estrogen in men and all men have some estrogen, improves the immune system. Estrogen helps men fight diseases. Testosterone in women, and all women have some testosterone, helps women fight diseases. Tis true!

Will

9. beaupipe

beaupipe Active Member

"Estrogen helps men fight diseases. Testosterone in women, and all women have some testosterone, helps women fight diseases."

It's true, I haven't had a yeast infection since I took up the pipe and my lady hasn't suffered from ED since hookin' into the 'roids.

But if you're concerned about the diminution of your girl-mones caused by pipe smoking, you can always add some soy protein to your diet.

10. JuJu McMojo

JuJu McMojo Member

A couple of pieces of good news....if you're feeling like your estrogen levels are low, drink beer. The hops help produce estrogen. The other piece of good news (no matter how you look at it) it takes 12 beers a day to have any effect on your hormone levels. So if the wife wants to know why you're drinking so much, just tell her it's "Homeopathic Hormone Replacement Therapy"--I'm sure she'll understand.

11. beaupipe

beaupipe Active Member

The beer thing is totally true. This article (which I love) will give you the lowdown on beer and estrogen: http://plancksconstant.org/blog1/images/sub3/beerfest.JPG

12. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

A chiropractor manipulates the spine primarily, and treats other musculo-skeletal disorders. A kinesiologist studies and treats movement disorders. A naturopathic doctor is only a recognized, licensed professional in sixteen states out of fifty, and naturopathy is the practice of "drugless therapy." All these disciplines do provide benefits to patients, but there are other sources available to consult about body chemistry, hormone levels, and the surprisingly beneficial effects of smoking. No offense intended to Driftwoodsound, but the devil of widely accepted medicine needs an advocate too. Mainstream medicine should be distrusted as much as alternative medicine, of course. Don't believe everything you are told or everything you read.

I didn't like writing this, but I think this (somewhat) balanced comment needed to be aired, as diplomatically as possible. This is what I came up with.

With a handshake,
    WK

13. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

:laff::xd::haha:

14. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

So if I drink a lot of beer and get yelled at by my wife, I will tell her that I am trying to boost my estrogen in an attempt to understand women more and be more sensitive to her needs. Then I'll tell her I need to smoke my pipe to offset the estrogen so I dont compete with her buying shoes and purses. - Did I tell you all that my doghouse has bunkbeds?

15. CBR

CBR Member

Who needs Clomid!! LOL

WK's post got me thinking of The Simpsons episode where Homer invents the "spine-o-cylinder" accidentally and all the chiropractors are out to destroy it (subsequently the AMA comes out to destroy the chiropractors) - Whalehead King, your real name isn't Matt Groening is it? Haha!

16. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

My Dad was a surgeon and his best friend a chiropractor. They would treat eachother's patients when either one of them saw the need of the other profession. My philosophy is that if you have a doctor that tells you not to go to a chiropractor, change your doctor and if you have a chiropractor that tells you never to see a doctor, change your chiropractor!

Whalehead King likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.