1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Churchwardens

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Boomer-Z, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Hello,

I have been thinking about trying a Churchwarden pipe. I know they have limited usage as far as convenience, portablility, and cleaning. it just looks like it could be a relaxing way to enjoy some of my favorite tobaccos. Anyone have any thoughts, experiences, or positives/negatives you could share? Brands? I am itching to buy a new pipe so if they aren't what they are cracked up to be I don't want to waste my $$$$.

Thanks,

Z

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Boomer, if you buy a Hans Christian Anderson (or some other convertible pipe) you get a long and short stem, so you can't lose out, and the quality of those particular pipes is REALLY high.

I don't know how much you want to spend, or what size you want - most wardens are not real big. But feast your eyes on these Magnums: Big dollar but what a pipe.

My link

Daddy want!

3. 51flgoose

51flgoose Member

I have three churchwardens (1925 Dunhill, Boswell minie-ball, Mauro Armellini) and find them to be very enjoyable - and I do believe they smoke a little cooler. They can be cumbersome - so you most smoke them during "contemplation." Other than that - I find no difference between them and any other briar ... you do have to invest in churchwarden pipe cleaners :bangin:

(If you are interested - I was just getting ready to sell the Mauro Armellini - it's just not getting used. PM me for more details.)

4. Demented

Demented Member

I have a couple Churchwardens in my regular rotation. Granted, you may not be able to stick one in your coat pocket and go… but I have never found one to be of limited convenience, nor are they any more difficult to clean than any other pipe I’ve owned. As previously stated, one needs longer pipecleaners for cleaning the stem, that’s about the only difference.

5. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

I just happened to go to pipesandcigars' retail location (Habana Cigar shoppe) this morning and bought a Hans Christian Anderson (Stanwell) like Sasquatch mentioned. I packed half a bowl of Virginia Spice in it and it smoked very nicely during the drive home. Lit it once and it smoked to the bottom. Nice pipe & tasty tobacco!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. 51flgoose

51flgoose Member

The HCAs are sure handsome pipes - congrats!! :bing:

... and an excellent value.

7. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Thanks!!!

:bing: [​IMG] :bing:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.