Clan

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Siv, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siv

Siv Flame+Wood=Bad Idea

When I was in college, a buddy and I had this habit where we would meet up at room in halls and smoke some Clan (in rolling paper) before heading off to see our respective women. It turned from habit to ritual and although it was 20 years ago, we still remember it fondly (more so than the crazy women we were seeing at the time). I left the UK in 2001 to do the expat thing though I go back at least once a year and I got to thinking - I haven't smoked any Clan since those college days.

I'll be back in Blighty for Easter - Should I buy some and give it a go in my pipe? Or should I leave it to good memories?

I see that there seems to be a general hatred of Clan on the forums so I'm worried that I may be disappointed.

2. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

So many wonderful
    blends in the UK,
    that I would stock up
    on others instead.
    Just my tuppence

3. noodle

noodle Member

come on clan isnt that bad.
    you can buy it just about anywhere
    its amazingly cheap
    its easy to smoke
    its by orlik

i like the stuff as an everyday smoke, ok i dont have the depth of tobacco knowledge that many on here do so maybe there are far better things out there.

isiv if you want a pouch just ask ill buy one and send it. its just over 5 quid for 25 gms

dwaugh likes this.
  4. buistd

buistd Active Member

Hmmm. I have never had it, but I've heard nothing but bad things (apart from noodle's comment above). As far as I know, the blend has changed since you would have last tried it. I would rather spend a fiver on many other tobaccos. However, for nostalgia's sake, I say you do it!

5. noodle

noodle Member

ah ive just thought im still a smoker of little white tubes filled with rolling tobacco and the clan is not far off smoking a cig, maybe a little more mellow and less harsh but perhaps that is why i like it. I ve never tried rolling it though will do later and report back

6. Siv

Siv Flame+Wood=Bad Idea

If the blend has changed in the last 20 years then I'll probably not bother.

Noodle, if I recall, the cut is very much like rolling baccy - perhaps the shreds are a little longer - but it goes together well. I'd be very interested to hear how you get on. And thanks for the kind offer but I'll be back myself in a couple of month.

And I can't resist posting this:

[​IMG]

7. Waino

Waino Active Member

You will be disappointed and you know it. That´s why you can do it. You are curious already and you can laugh to yourself and to those times.

Without bankruptcy.

Siv and dmkerr like this.
  8. noodle

noodle Member

Its not bad as a cig, not great and it needs to be rolled a bit loose or it doesnt burn too well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.