1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Cobs cheaper than Marscigars??

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by davidansley, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidansley

davidansley Member

Okay, if there is already a thread on this I apologize but I did search and I didn't find anything so don't chastise me too bad :lolu: Does anybody know of an online place that ships internationally that has cheap corn cobs? No I don't mean generic ones but low priced Missouri Meerschaum models. I know what you're all thinking, they're cheap already!! But Marscigars has even the top end ones which usually run towards 8 dollars for less than 6 and the cheap cheap ones for under 2 bucks! Unfortunately Marscigars doesn't ship internationally and I will soon be overseas at a military FPO address so I was wondering if anyone knew of an online retailer that had them as cheap as Mars but shipped outside the U.S. Thanks for the help!

2. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Talk to Rich at 4noggins.com

I think he's a tad more expensive than Mars but he ships ALL over the world

3. cmw00

cmw00 Member

When are you shipping out? No time to order online?

4. davidansley

davidansley Member

I leave Sunday so it would be cutting it close plus I don't have any spending money right now anways so I was more looking for once I am there since I will be there for several months with a lot of spare time to smoke.

5. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

I know pipesandcigars.com has cheaper MM cobs, but I don't know if they ship internationally or not. Sorry!

6. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Don't they ship to A.P.O.'s and F.P.O.'s?

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

7. davidansley

davidansley Member

I believe they do and yes the cobs a re cheap but mars is slighty cheaper so I was just trying to get the most bang for my buck.

8. davidansley

davidansley Member

You referring to mars puff? Or pipesandcigars?

9. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

either, don't they use US "zip codes"?

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

P.S. I guess they may choose not to ship to APO/FPO's

10. davidansley

davidansley Member

Well mars doesn't ship internationally at all but you bring up a good point, ill have to contact mars and ask about apo and fpo.

11. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Heck's sake, I'll send you a couple of dang corncobs. Let me know your FPO and what kind you want.

You joined the forum on my birthday, so that makes us kinda related. :yes:

12. davidansley

davidansley Member

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar, this is yet another reason why I love being a pipe smoker, where else can you find people that will just send you stuff?? I will most definitely give you my address once I find out what it is and will also return the favor!

13. davidansley

davidansley Member

Upon further investigation of pipesandcigars.com I found out they ship to APO/FPO addresses and they also price match in the case that other retailers have something they stock for a cheaper price, so that is definitely something to keep in mind. For anyone else as well that is outside of the U.S. or if you're in the U.S. and just want a place that has a better selection than what your current online dealer offers.

14. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

It's been awhile since I had to pay attention but I think shipping to APO or FPO addresses is the same as CONUS addresses. This may be a law. The parcel arrives at a depot and then the DOD takes it from there to make sure it arrives at its destination safely.

I was an HM rather than a PC in the Navy, but I never had any troubles. An APO or FPO was as good as a stateside address. This would only apply to USPS mail rather than UPS or Fedex.

Enough abbreviations for one post. Looking upI wasn't trying to be clever. It's a military mindset.

Good Luck and Godspeed!
    WK

15. davidansley

davidansley Member

Good ole acronyms lol!

16. davidansley

davidansley Member

I want to sincerly thank everyone who has offered to send me pipes and baccy while I am overseas. It truly speaks to the brotherhood of the briar to receive such a warm embrace like that from people I have never even met! I am still in training but will be heading over soon so I will pm the individuals who offered to mail me things my address once I get there and find out what it is.

On a side note, I know you're not supposed to thread hijack but I started this thread so the op gave me permission lol, if there are any of you out there that want to give back to the men and women fighting over in Iraq and Afghanistan but don't know anyone in the service becoming part of one of those pen pal or care package programs is a great way to do so! Just google "care package for military" and I'm sure there will be plenty of website results where you can find people to send things to. Happy smokin all!

17. doc_jude

doc_jude Member

I'd call them & ask, I doubt they'd not ship to military personnel. The shipping shouldn't count as a foreign address, the shipping costs aren't international (at least it wasn't when I was in Oki & I doubt that it's changed, you pay shipping to a base in the US, the mail goes international by military transport).

18. gyrostatic

gyrostatic Member

pipesandcigars.com ships to APO/FPO addresses, and they sell the MM cobs pretty cheap. I first started using them when I was stationed in Okinawa.

19. Sweatsack

Sweatsack Member

If you don't have the cash this wouldn't fly, but they sell them at CVS here and might have them in AZ as well. If you wanted to grab one before you shipped out you could swing in and have a look. Probably behind the counter.

20. Pipesmoker ace

Pipesmoker ace Member

I get my corn cob pipes from 1 place since the prices are good/great. Look up Aristocob.com His prices are cheaper than Missouri meerschaum website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.