1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

COBS: To Cake, or Not To Cake?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by scworrell, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

[​IMG]

;)

2. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

I usually run just enough cake in a cob so it can be seen. You can still see the cob ridges in the bowl...but they're black.

Experiment, do whatever chokes your chicken! Cobs are fairly cheap so if you screw one up by chance 5 bucks or under is a pretty cheap lesson I'd say.

Once the cake starts getting a little thicker I take my knife, a few pipe cleaners and a few Q tips. Just a spot of Al key hol on the Q tips works wonders. :cheers:

3. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

I don't let cake build in a cob so I can't say if cake is bad or not cuz I've never had to deal with it. I will say this though, if you're smoking a Legend or Washington I wouldn't let cake build as you won't have any place to put the tobacco in those small bowls.

4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Personally, I take the sidewall cake down to the same level MikeB does but leave the bottom cake alone, that's the bowl bottom! I prefer cake on the bottomz.

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

5. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Yeah, I leave the crud in the bottom as well, especially in the soft tails.

6. Grim_Puffer

Grim_Puffer Member

Im not usually over caring with my cobbs because they are cheap and I can buy the one I like in my local store.

Ive never really worried about cake in them but after reading this I may change my mind.

Cobs are more of my im going camping it may rain and im gonna be drunk and probably drop it pipes so I dont ruin a $100 Briar ...lol

But they do smoke good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.