Comments on C&D Mississippi Mud

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Beale, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beale

Beale Active Member

I would like to hear any comments on this blend. Good or bad? I have been eyeballing it for a while, Beale.

2. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I didn't really care for it. I won't be purchasing more. It has been awhile since I smoked it so I am going by memory here. I remember it was well reviewed and I guess it is just one of those you are either crazy about or just nothing at all. It was just a big ol muddy jumble of flavors to me if that makes sense. It wasn't horrible, just didn't strike a chord with me.

3. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

I loved it. Like GLP Quiet Nights with a little less complexity. Great blend for relaxing with.

Beale likes this.
  4. Redone

Redone Member

Its good not blowing me away thou. I like McC 5110 and Balken Seni better. I might buy it again cuz I like C&D toby the tins and artwork.

5. JuJu McMojo

JuJu McMojo Member

I didn't like it straight away --it took a few bowls, and now its easily in my top 3. I mostly get the unsweetened black cav with lat in the background, and I simply can't discern the Perique. The flavor for me is the same from the top to the bottom, so its not a nuanced blend. I find the taste to be full but mellow and with a slightly bitter taste. Bitter in a pleasing way, kind of like a Guinness. I've never smoked anything like it, so I can't offer any comparisons. It seems this is one of those polarizing blends, you either like it or don't --only one way to find out ... :)

Beale likes this.
  6. SandSquid

SandSquid Member

Missippi Mud is one of my favorites... very cool and surprisingly tasty, especially about mid-tin to the dregs, definately needs to breathe a bit.
    I've got one (bargain basket) pipe that for some reason burns fast and hot as h&ll no matter what I put in it, so it has been relegated to Mississippi Mud duty and stays tolerable to the touch.

7. Beale

Beale Active Member

Thanks y'all! I am gonna have to try some! Beale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.