1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on C&D Mississippi Mud

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Beale, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beale

Beale Active Member

I would like to hear any comments on this blend. Good or bad? I have been eyeballing it for a while, Beale.

2. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I didn't really care for it. I won't be purchasing more. It has been awhile since I smoked it so I am going by memory here. I remember it was well reviewed and I guess it is just one of those you are either crazy about or just nothing at all. It was just a big ol muddy jumble of flavors to me if that makes sense. It wasn't horrible, just didn't strike a chord with me.

3. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

I loved it. Like GLP Quiet Nights with a little less complexity. Great blend for relaxing with.

Beale likes this.
  4. Redone

Redone Member

Its good not blowing me away thou. I like McC 5110 and Balken Seni better. I might buy it again cuz I like C&D toby the tins and artwork.

5. JuJu McMojo

JuJu McMojo Member

I didn't like it straight away --it took a few bowls, and now its easily in my top 3. I mostly get the unsweetened black cav with lat in the background, and I simply can't discern the Perique. The flavor for me is the same from the top to the bottom, so its not a nuanced blend. I find the taste to be full but mellow and with a slightly bitter taste. Bitter in a pleasing way, kind of like a Guinness. I've never smoked anything like it, so I can't offer any comparisons. It seems this is one of those polarizing blends, you either like it or don't --only one way to find out ... :)

Beale likes this.
  6. SandSquid

SandSquid Member

Missippi Mud is one of my favorites... very cool and surprisingly tasty, especially about mid-tin to the dregs, definately needs to breathe a bit.
    I've got one (bargain basket) pipe that for some reason burns fast and hot as h&ll no matter what I put in it, so it has been relegated to Mississippi Mud duty and stays tolerable to the touch.

7. Beale

Beale Active Member

Thanks y'all! I am gonna have to try some! Beale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.