Condor plug

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Bent, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bent

Bent Member

Hello everyone

A friend came back from the UK and brought me some Condor Plug.

The only Condor I have tried is long cut. I'm thinking about opening one package tonight. Any taste notes? How similar is it to Condor long cut?

2. craig

craig Active Member

oooo where abouts did he get this little delight, i live in the uk and have never seen it, from what i have seen on tobacco reviews, its supposed to be quite a lot stronger than the regular condor, and more flavoursome, enjoy that little beauty and cherish every draw my friend:D

3. Bent

Bent Member

She got this in Ireland. It's funny because the warning label (smoking is bad and all that jazz) is in Gaelic.

4. Iain

Iain Active Member

I thought it was discontinued, but maybe it's still going over there.
    I found some on an Irish tobaconist's website, say's it contains latakia :confused:

5. craig

craig Active Member

yeah same here iain and to get it over here and the price of it it would be about 15 quid, i think its only available over there mate.

6. craig

craig Active Member

i think its just strictly an irish thing which is sad :(

7. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

I wish I could try ANY of the Condor/St Bruno's...let alone a specific type.

8. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

I wish all the warning labels were in Gaelic. :)

9. craig

craig Active Member

i just wish they wernt there period lol

10. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

Well, for me being in Gaelic would be about the same thing.

11. craig

craig Active Member

put it this way its not an experience you would forgetwhen you try condor fpor the first time, my first thoughts were what the hell is this!?!?! and i was going to toss it but i thought give it a fair trial, second bowl was like hmmm not bad, by the end of the 3rd bowl i was in love.

12. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've only seen it available on an Irish site. I think that, unlike the UK, Ireland can sell online to international customers...I've been meaning to get in touch with this shop about a few of their products for a while, but money is what it is :)

13. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

The plug was never discontinued in the ROI, but it was in the UK. The UK version was called Condor Bar but hasn't been around for some years now. The plug is actually quite ubiquitous throughout the ROI, as most newsagents usually stock it. I've managed to salt away a couple of pounds over the years and yeah...it's the bollocks!

14. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

According to TobaccoReviews.com, Condor Plug is made by a different company than the rest of the Condor line...

15. craig

craig Active Member

its made by gallahers, but jti took over that line including all the cigs and roll your owns they had, so unless condor bar was took over with someone else itl probably be jti.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.