1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Condor Ready Rubbed / IRC Kings Oriental

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ruffinogold, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I made a tobacco trade with a PSF member recently and in it was Condor Ready Rubbed and other stuff. First off let me say that if anyone who smokes this gives me crap about smoking aromatics ... Hmmmmm .. give me a break . This stuff tastes and smells like the stuff women put in their underwear draw , you know , those little bags of whatever the hell it is . My wife doesn’t curse however when she walked in the room while I was smoking this stuff she said ... " Holy **** honey what are you smoking " ... I about fell over . It's smooth and didn’t bite and I love the cut and it burned well but it isn’t my thing cause of the flavor of whatever that was . Also in the trade box was IRC Kings Oriental . What a cool blend ! It's got a top on it like something you'd put in a pumpkin pie but not over done but just right it seems . The cavendish is there mostly and the vir and oriental seem to make it a rounded blend that’s cool smoking and smooth . Burns nice and slow and the wife thought the aroma was nice . It's not an over the top aromatic. It's done very well and I would recommend anyone to try it , mostly those looking for an aro with orientals . Theres alot more in the trade box That I haven't tried and I'm looking forward to getting to them

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

I also received some Condor RR recently from a very generous member. The first bowl was very strange then, as sometimes happens, the third bowl had me....... Wish we could get it here, I'd smoke it every day.

3. ruffinogold

Wow .. I'm surprised . I thought it was real strange .. but if it got ya at the third bowl maybe I'll give a a couple more go's and see what happens . I mean this stuff has been around forever for a reason . I'll just have to smoke it outside .Wife really didnt like it

4. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Gotta warn youse guys though, that Condor can really ghost a pipe!! [​IMG]

5. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Dondi's right! I smoked Condor virtually exclusively for 10 years simply because I liked it, plus it was cheap, strong and available everywhere in the UK even well off the beaten track - but it does ghost and it does so very persistently.

To me it'll always be a great old British Classic, perfect for the outdoors, particularly on a winter's morning - smokes slow and cool. A perfect match for a Falcon - they could have been made for eachother.

Oddly enough even though I've smoked this stuff off and on since I was 17, I struggle to describe it's taste - there's licquorice in there but that's as far as I can get!

Stick with it - you might get to like it!

Happy smoking

Gerry

6. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

If any of you guys decide you don't want it, send it my way, I love the stuff!]

7. ruffinogold

I'll give it one more try tonight . Odds are it aint gonna happen . I'll get w/ you tomorrow on it

8. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

I hope some of it gets to you! :bing:

9. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

...ah but remember it has one more bonus - it turns the amber stems of MM Legends an attractive black within 10 days!

You might come to it yet!

Best to all

Gerry

10. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

One of those love/hate blends...I love it! I think there's geraniums and rose hips in there, along with the licorice...but I couldn't swear to any of it. First time I tried it was in a large freehand....couldn't get out of the chair! Has a nic-hit that sneaks up on you. Don't give up on it though...once you are assimilated......... :whistle: :roflmao: :roflmao:

11. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Also just received some from another member.
    Thanks for the warning about the ghosting.
    It's cob or meer time!

dp

Forgot to add: it's the Condor I received.

12. ruffinogold

or indoctrinated :startle:

13. rusty

rusty Member

It was the smell that got me smoking it, and I have to say the taste didnt live up to the smell for me at first. But Iv come to love it and use it most of the time. We all have different tastes, but give it some time, you never know it might grow on you?

14. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Now you've got me wondering...any you guys on the other side of the pond want to do a trade for something not available over there???

15. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Don't smoke it in your L'Anatra. The Condor will scare the duckie, or chicken, or whatever that thing is.

16. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Wonder how much Condor RR a pound of SG FVF still in it's factory wrap and box would bring......and yes I really still have some boxes of SG FVF left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.