Confession Of Pipe Smoke #101: I Am A Wretched Aromatic Fiend

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by RTOdhner, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

Im all about some Middleton Cherry, love several of the Smoker's Pride big bags (not Rum Cased though), and really loved the MacBarens 7seas gold and black..

RTOdhner likes this.
  2. Morse

Morse Active Member

Pffft this is hardly a confession ;). Tell me that Blue Note is so good that you can eat it for breakfast. Or that Petersons connoisseurs choice is a daily bowl. Or that Peterson' s summertime 2011 isn't bad, although it could do with a bit more in the blackberry department.

I'm willing to join this PFLA thing of yours but we are gonna need to step up the rhetotic and gets serious about this aromatic thing. Stanwell Melange anyone?

RTOdhner likes this.
  3. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

I'll join up and even let us/y'all train (smoke) down here in the holler.

I like old codger blends for several reasons but one of them is that those are the blends I remember the men in my town smoking when I was a kid. There was a neighbor who smoked SWR Aromatic. There was the guy 3 or 4 doors down who had bird dogs and smoked Grainger in a sandblasted billiard. The guy from church who smoked big ol' Danish freehands full of Captain Black.

I started out on burley blends (mainly Edgeworth RR) and Captain Black. Then I realized I wasn't supposed to like those (though I did) and tried to tell myself proper pipe smokers only smoke english blends. Then I realized I really like aromatics and to heck with being proper. Now pardon me whilst I tamp my bowl o' Captain Black in my lowly Dr. Grabow.

RTOdhner, Smokingmiami and Darkly like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.