Cornell & Diehl First Responders

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by 1stGenRex, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

[X-Post from the 2t2m thread]

Just finished up my 2nd bowl of First Responders. Being that I usually smoke drug store blends and Aros (with a couple flakes thrown in) this type of blend is something new to me. The tin note kind of reminds me of Tamarind and the flavor carries through the smoke to me along with hints of dark cocoa. This is a blend where the VA flavor is apparent to me without being too sweet. At first, I thought I was getting tongue bite, but then I started reading the tin...there's Perique in this blend. I've never had a Va/Per blend before. From what I've read, the Perique gives blends a peppery flavor, and I definitely picked it up. Overall, this is a blend that I really like. It reminds me of a nice cigar. This would be a blend that I will definitely buy again, and might try aging a tin for a few years to see what it does.

This is my first "review", and I'm still new at trying to pick up flavors in pipe tobacco, but this is why I wanted to join in the fun !

2. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

I am still waiting on my shipment of this toby from pipesandcigars..

3. Buck1

Buck1 Member

I have a tin, but thought maybe it would be appropriate to open it on sunday.
    I'll have to report back then.
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.