1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

COULD IT BE THAT I AM FREE FROM THE MADNESS?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by RTOdhner, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

My cellar is pretty well stocked with my favorite bulk blends. There are few more pounds of my favorite bulk blends I've been meaning to acquire, and a few more untried bulk blends that I've been meaning to try (and perhaps add) but have not gotten around to yet. But all-in-all, I' pretty satisfied with the roughly 40 pounds of bulk that I've got and I feel no urge to run out and stock any more bulk blends. At the rate that I smoke these more "upscale" blends, I should have enough to last me many years - even with what I already have.

I've come to feel the same about tinned blends. There are a few tried and true tinned blends I'd like to stock-up on, and quite a few more I'd like to try. However, I have no overwhelming urge to do so. My beloved SWR - that "everyday" blend that is truly manna from the baccy gods? I'll just walk down to David's and buy a pouch when this one is gone. Maybe I'll get around to buying a few tubs just as a hedge against the day that I can no longer just walk down to David's to buy a pouch, but again I have no maddening urge to do so.

Pipes? Realistically, I've got about 30 or so that I might as well give away cuz I no longer smoke them. "Might as well" but won't, cuz I'm actually quite fond of them all and like to look at them. However, between my straight Falcon set, my no-name Canadian, my BST, my two DGE cobs, and my four Forever Stem-fitted cobs, I have all the pipes I'm ever likely to smoke.

Sure, I periodically go surfing for Petes or Stans but I've yet to come across one that I really want. Wonderful pipes to be sure, but I'm just not driven to the point that I really want to shell out the cash for them. About the only pipe that I'm really thinking about getting is a bent Falcon with a Dublin bowl, but I have no burning desire to pony-up the coin. I'm sure I'll add a Pete St. Paddy Day pipe every year, but I think of that as more of a collecting issue than a PAD issue.

Could it be that TAD and PAD have run their course? Could I be cured? Or are TAD and PAD more like cancers, and the best that I can really hope for is that they are in remission? Will they ultimately come back to torture my festering soul? Dunno, but I do know that I seem to have hit that sweet spot where I know what I like and I like what I smoke. I've been in this sweet spot since the end of October, and I like it. It's a really nice place to be, and I hope that my PSF brothers and sisters can find such a place.

Happy smoking, y'all. :bing:

dBear, DakOOk, Trauma and 9 others like this.
  2. buistd

buistd Active Member

It is unlikely. You are still here.

Morse, krusty and RTOdhner like this.
  3. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

It's called remission. Be thankful for it, but plan accordingly (keep setting some money aside brother).

4. RTOdhner

Sadly, I think you're both right since I'm already rationalizing...

p120d16y and JimInks like this.
  5. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

You'll never get the stinger (needle) out of your arm with this disease. At least you won't run out of tobacco!

RTOdhner likes this.
  6. jeff394

jeff394 Member

Your affliction is in a dormant stage. Wait until spring fever kicks in.

RTOdhner likes this.
  7. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

I'm kinda in the same position, condition as you are. Comfortable and satisfied.

RTOdhner likes this.
  8. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

RTO, post your addy so we know where to send the "glad your in remission" cards.

Trauma, Spillproof and RTOdhner like this.
  9. RTOdhner

No! I'm also a paranoid hoarder! I have my cellar down in the bunker, and if I give you my address you might try to come and take my tobby... along with the 500 metric azz tons of freeze-dried Mung Beans, 1000 cans of Spam, fifty 12-packs of Bud Light, and 100 rolls of TP I have down there. (The zombie appocolypse/Obama baccy grab is still to come, I tells ya).

10. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

I was with ya 'till the Bud Light..

11. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Funny, I was thinking he's gonna need more beer.

Morse, RTOdhner and WrightwoodJohn like this.
  12. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

The soft, premo stuff, or that see-through sandpaper garbage? And I hope that's 100 rolls per person ... otherwise you WILL run out.

StubrnDutchman and RTOdhner like this.
  13. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Roy, you know what happens if one of them Bud Lights springs a leak, and touches one of those cans of Spam?

You have meat zombies roaming your house looking for brains to go with their beans!

[​IMG] [​IMG] + [​IMG] =

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Rewster66, Trauma, Old Codger and 2 others like this.
  14. RTOdhner

Damn, I hadn't considered bean-eating meat zombies! Need to stock-up on the Slim Whitman CD's. Slim puts a whuppin' on Martians (makes their heads explode), so he oughter be good against them there bean-eating meat zombies!

15. RTOdhner

None of that sissy Charmin stuff for this manly man. I go for the rolls of "John Wayne" paper cuz it's rough, and it don't take shat offa nobody!

16. RTOdhner

Shat! I've hijacked my own thread... another PSF milestone. :punk:

Rewster66, JRobert and PipeWife like this.
  17. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

:haha: :gjob:

RTOdhner likes this.
  18. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

You may be in denial.

RTOdhner likes this.
  19. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

I agree with you on the tobys. I found what I like and like what I found. Now pipes, that's a different matter all together.

RTOdhner likes this.
  20. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

I went thru it backwards. I got to the point where I just smoked what I knew I liked & never experimented. I've figured out I don;t care for european tins, but PS's Luxury Bullseye flake medallions or navy flake will ALWAYS remain a staple. I smoke C&D, G.L. Pease, & Seattle or Kansas City Pipe Club....even McClelland & the frog. That's about it. H&H Dark Fired has replaced University Flake in a sort of Thank God there's an un-topped version out there....
    ~Yeah, I favor the domestic tins. I'm okay with that. I've kept an open mind & I don't like em topped. There's 1 or 2 pipes I'd like to get, maybe a few more cobs & meers, but once I reach my dirty dozen, I think I'll have enough to keep a nice rotation, keep em well rested between smokes, and not have 20,000 pipes. I smoke to enjoy. I don't get the same feeling buying stuff. I hate spending money, LOL

highstump, RTOdhner and Old Codger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.