1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Country Gentleman

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by BradNTX, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I've had my MM Country Gentleman for nearly three months now. Its fitted with a green, swirly Walker Briarworks 3" stem. I wanted to report on how much I love this pipe. I love my briars, but I find myself reaching for my CG several times per week. I've dedicated it to Burley tobaccos and its just perfect. A slice of Burley flake, folded in half lengthwise and folded in half again by width fits perfectly. When the tin starts getting a little dry, I can get a flake and a half stuffed in.

It smokes so smoothly, so cool, and so comfortably. It's light enough to clench and cool enough looking to smoke in public. The tall, narrow bowl accomodates more toby than my Diplomat, so you can enjoy a nice long smoke. Because cobs can be a little warm to the touch while in use, the CG's shape helps here too. Hold the bottom for the first half and the top of the bowl for the last half.

I'm so enamoured of my CG, I'm considering another cob when previously I thought two would do it.

qwik likes this.
  2. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

+1 on the MMCG

3. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

The CG was the 1st MM I got that was larger than the drugstore Legend model. I still have the 1st one I ever had and it still smokes great. My only wish was that they made the CG with a hardwood plug on the bottom.

4. Albert

Albert Active Member

I recently got my first cob (Great Dane Egg) and have found that it has broken up my usual rotation too. I find myself reaching for the cob daily and my briars to fill in the gaps and when really lounging. I find it stays cooler than my briars too, but that may be because my briars didnt cost much more than my MM. lol

5. Sweatsack

Sweatsack Member

This was my first pipe, ever.

6. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

I admit, the CG is my favorite. I'll have to check-out the Walker Briar-works stem.

7. uncleburl

uncleburl Member

The first two MM Cobs I owned were a matching set bent/straight Country Gents. I now own 9 with two more headed my way in the mail. I think it's safe to say that I think they're great!!! :) It's nice to see and hear that they "grow" on others too.
    "Cobs....sure they're a litttle country, but they're also a whole lot Cool!!!"

8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Ive had my CG for 5 years or so and it's held up fine and looks and smokes great ! Hell of a pipe ... My fav cob as well !

9. Stinger4me

Stinger4me Member

Glad to hear others enjoy the MM pipes. I started smoking them back in the late 60's. Back then they had a variety with diamond shape or square shape stems, yellow plastic. These were the cheaper varities, great for fishing, hunting or camping. The ones with the Hardwood plugs bottoms are my favorite. In a rotation they will last long and provide great smokes through the years. Live long and enjoy your tobacco.

Stinger

10. WyoBob

WyoBob Member

I have a CG and like the looks of the pipe. It's one of my "Balklish" pipes. I smoke va's/vapers 85% of the time and use my natural finished Diplomats, Prides and Freehand for those tobaccos.

I think the naturals smoke better than the finished pipes.

WyoBob

11. Redone

Redone Member

I love my CG too. Its a great smoker and like you said looks cooler than a standard cob.

12. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

For you MM CG lovers....on your next order to MM-direct pickup a Freehand stem ($5) and cut down the tenon to fit the CG..............may/may not straighten out the curve while you're at it and in ~30-45 min time (depending on your tool arsenal) you've made your own forever-ish stem. Modded MM Freehand stems are on 6 of my cobs in rotation. Got two fresh mades for later ;)

It's easy to do and so well worth the outcome. Trust me......I'm a nurse and a cobaholic! :)

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

qwik likes this.
  13. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

My Country Gentleman and Great Dane Egg routinely duke it out for my favorite pipe. I like how much the Country Gentleman holds, but like the feel of the Great Dane better. Either way, they're grest smoking pipes.

14. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

The CG is my next cob purchase. I have a Legend (with Forever stem) and love it. Been smoking it in the car lately. My only beef with it is that the bowl is a little on the small side, hence the want for the CG which has a bigger bowl. :thumbsu:

15. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

The CG is actually the next cob I am going to buy. I have two other MM cobs and they smoke great.

16. Beale

Beale Active Member

Question? Where do you find this 3" Briarworks stem? Thanks Beale.

17. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

18. Beale

Beale Active Member

Thanks again! Y'all are quick with answers and nice! Beale.

19. qwik

qwik Member

Just modified my freehand bit to fit Country Gentleman. Man more than happy with results. Turn down bit, and take out some bend :thumb: Looks, feels, and taste great. Hats off to Puff The Magic, and rest forum members. Great idea :cheers: oh--> then added short heat shrink tubing Great cheap improvement :eek:hyeah:

20. qwik

qwik Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.