1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Country Gentleman

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by BradNTX, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

The MM Freehand Stem EXCELS in the Dane Egg/Spool, CG, General, Diplomat especially, but will work well in the others that takes a filter. I also "funnel" out the end of the tenon draft hole so it's wider with the intent of preventing any gurgle if the toby was way too wet or the smoke was just too exciting........could there be such a thing as a smoke possibly be too exciting??? I believe when the flavors, aromas, and thickness/body come through as perfect and you completely zone out on all of that AND forget any sort of rhythm or cadence, well, I believe that's what I'd consider a "too exciting" smoke and I love it when they happen.

Glad the MM Freehand Stem "mod" worked for you. Way cool!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

2. David L

David L Member

I have a CG and I really like it. I have been flirting with the idea of getting a Forever stem for my two CG's (one bent and one straight). Do they sell them in any particular style or can you pick from different types? All I see here are one style. Does anyone else make them?

3. WyoBob

WyoBob Member

Just have to look around the site a bit: http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/html/_forever__stems.html

WyoBob

4. qwik

qwik Member

Send him e-mail or give a call. I'm liking the green swirl, gonna have to order one sooner-or-later. It just takes away from the IfILoseItOldWell clause :doh:

5. idiotbox37

idiotbox37 Member

thanks for the freehand mod!

those forever stems look amazing but the seem a bit over priced.

CG is my next cob purchase as well. i plan on buying from aristocob.com because his youtube vids are great.

6. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Look around the site a bit. There are lots of styles, lengths & colors to choose from.

7. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

you can buy one forever stem and rotate it across several cobs....

8. Beale

Beale Active Member

This is a great Idea? Thanks you just saved me some $$ Beale.

9. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Briars are classic, briars are beautiful... but cobs just smoke so damn well! I've found that a cob pleasantly enhances the smoking properties of certain tobaccos- specifically, EVERY TOBACCO I'VE EVER TRIED. It's hard not to love a good cob. They need almost no rest and happily put up with abuses that no other pipe would stand. I've got some briars that I love, but it's different with a cob. Over the years you get fond of them in the same way as that cheap old pocketknife you always carry or your gritty old zippo, like a friendship with a trusty old mutt. Did I mention I like cobs? :thumbsu:

10. Beale

Beale Active Member

I think I am in the same place with the COBS!! I have a nice Savinelli pipe. My 1st pipe I prpbably smoke my Cobs 3 to 1 over my others? I dunno, Beale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.