1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Couple of Odd Pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by User3940, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Really like the meerschaum on the left! Some pics of it after you spiff it up would be cool.............

2. User3940

User3940 Active Member

I will do that t-bear. I am going to try to do some research on it before I spiff it up too much. With some antique things when you spiff them up you actually decrease any value that it may have had by removing patina. I would love to polish up the copper, but need to be careful.

3. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Everyone got a good chuckle about this thread and the two odd pipes that I bid on and won on eBay. After winning I even questioned my sanity. Well, the pipes have arrived and to my surprise I found that I certainly got my money worth with this purchase after I cleaned them up. I mean this purchase only cost me $12.00, and for that money I received this beautiful meerschaum bent with gold plated bowl rim and shank rim, cooper tenon, and a stem that is made from green amethyst colored material. The stem color does not show well in the pics as age has blacked it somewhat and I do not want to polish on it too much considering the possible age of it.

The pipe has no markings anywhere. Or at least not that I have found yet. So, go ahead and chuckle.........I love it.

The horn pipe is a bit odd, but will also be a welcome addition to my collection due to it's uniqueness.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I am looking forward to researching this pipes in hopes that I can find out a little history on it.

TWolf and dBear like this.
  4. GlassEye

GlassEye Member

That meer is really nice looking, the hoof is interesting.

5. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

+1

6. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Said this before....you scored big with the old meer. That is one grand old gentleman for sure! Beautiful!

dBear likes this.
  7. TWolf

TWolf Member

I think ya done good. I really like that meer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.