1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Couple of Odd Pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by User3940, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Really like the meerschaum on the left! Some pics of it after you spiff it up would be cool.............

2. User3940

User3940 Active Member

I will do that t-bear. I am going to try to do some research on it before I spiff it up too much. With some antique things when you spiff them up you actually decrease any value that it may have had by removing patina. I would love to polish up the copper, but need to be careful.

3. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Everyone got a good chuckle about this thread and the two odd pipes that I bid on and won on eBay. After winning I even questioned my sanity. Well, the pipes have arrived and to my surprise I found that I certainly got my money worth with this purchase after I cleaned them up. I mean this purchase only cost me $12.00, and for that money I received this beautiful meerschaum bent with gold plated bowl rim and shank rim, cooper tenon, and a stem that is made from green amethyst colored material. The stem color does not show well in the pics as age has blacked it somewhat and I do not want to polish on it too much considering the possible age of it.

The pipe has no markings anywhere. Or at least not that I have found yet. So, go ahead and chuckle.........I love it.

The horn pipe is a bit odd, but will also be a welcome addition to my collection due to it's uniqueness.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I am looking forward to researching this pipes in hopes that I can find out a little history on it.

TWolf and dBear like this.
  4. GlassEye

GlassEye Member

That meer is really nice looking, the hoof is interesting.

5. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

+1

6. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Said this before....you scored big with the old meer. That is one grand old gentleman for sure! Beautiful!

dBear likes this.
  7. TWolf

TWolf Member

I think ya done good. I really like that meer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.