1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

cube cut burley

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Jay, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay

Jay Active Member

Apr 29, 2010

I was visiting the not so-local local tobaconnist and was turned onto a house blend called 'Grandfather'. It is a cube cut burley. It looks like Grape-Nuts cereal. And tastes great, slightly sweet and nutty, maybe a slight hint of raisin (I don't like smoking raisins, but that is the best way to describe it). Better yet the kids and wife all say that it smells good when burning--a big plus around here. I found this at the Tobacco Barn and they do have it online as well www.tobaccobarn.com

One question though, what is the best way to pack it? I've smoked two bowls and being as how it seems to be dense nuggets of tobacco, it loads a lot different than other tobaccos. suggestions are welcome.

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Gravity fill (not packed) and lightly tamped at the top, then Fire away! Leave some expansion room so don't pack it much if any at all. Sounds like you've just found another "family friendly" toby! SCORE! & Congratz!

Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff
  3. Brian

Brian Member

Oct 26, 2009
    That's what I was going to say too -- simple gravity fill. Just drop it in the pipe, tap the sides a few times to settle it, then light up. A good false light and gentle tamping to start should get the pack right.
  4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Vaperburlataro ! Mayor

Sep 25, 2009
    Yeah , pour it in and go to town . Burley has a killer " tobacco " aroma doesnt it ! That type of blend is no nonsense and good .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.