1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Curio cabinet for pipe display?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by bubbagump, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

Just curious if anyone else has done this. I scored a free curio cabinet from a co-worker. The only catch was that I had to move it. :eek: It's HUGE (yeah..."that's what she said") and very heavy (made out of real wood).

I intend to use it to display all of my pipes and whatever other tobacco nick nacks I feel like sticking in there. I've got a wrangle a couple people to come over and help get it into the house this weekend. That should be fun.:rolleyes: Yeah..I know...useless without pics. I'll post some of the case this evening.:ohyh:

One of the reasons I wanted to do this is that I can't leave out my pipes on the shelf setup anymore. I'm bringing a new critter home this weekend (cat). I think it would get too much of a kick out of my pipes.

2. BAMAFAN

BAMAFAN Member

I was looking at using a curio cabinet to consolidate my pipes but my wife bought me a pipe cabinet for my BD instead. I think a curio cabinet is a great idea for a pipe cabinet. I was going to add some shelves having a groove in the bottom shelve and slots in the top shelve.

bubbagump likes this.
  3. bubbagump

A buddy came over this evening and helped me get it into the house. Yeah...I'll be able to fit a few pipes in this.:ohyh:

It has a mirror in the back of it. The shelves are not in it yet. I've got a few things going on, but I'll try to get it loaded up in the next few days.

[​IMG]

Summit, Rickpal14, rondel65 and 2 others like this.
  4. BAMAFAN

BAMAFAN Member

Nice!! You will be able to display a lot of pipes and tobacco in that beauty.

5. bubbagump

Yup. That's what I'm thinking. I need to figure out how exactly I'm going to display the pipes. I'd like to come up with some of those basic/individual pipe stands.

i.e. This. It would probably be cheaper (in the long run) to just hit flea markets and antique stores and pick up a few wooden 6-12 pipe racks. They're usually $10-20.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1X-Clear-Pl...419?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8000b9f3
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tobacco-Pip...601?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc9e84a81

RTOdhner likes this.
  6. Moose

Moose Active Member

Nice looking curio bubba. Let us know how it turns out after you have it filled.

bubbagump likes this.
  7. WayneTeipen

WayneTeipen Member

I use a curio cabinet for my pipes. The only down side is that the cabinet seems to keep getting smaller and smaller. :byg:

Here's a couple not-so-great, outdated pictures of mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Curio cabinets make great pipe cabinets.

9. bubbagump

You've got that thing filled up pretty good. :ohyh: I like the 12 pipe rack up top. The "problem" with the 12 pipe racks that I've found locally is that they store six pipes on one side and six on the other. Great for conserving space, but not for displaying pipes.

10. Spam

Spam Member

Nice one. Ideally want a 'corner cabinet' to keep my modest pipe collection. No space for one at the moment, perhaps when I get a house with a study. A boy can dream...

[​IMG]

bubbagump likes this.
  11. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Nice! Alot of potential with that cabinet. Major score for you!

bubbagump likes this.
  12. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Nice! I have had a curio cabinet for years...not the monster like yours though. That should hold a LOT of pipes and tobacco.

bubbagump likes this.
  13. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

I see a major PAD attack in the future as you try to fill in all that space!!! Nice!!

bubbagump likes this.
  14. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

Do you realize how much this is gonna impact the wallet when you try to fill it up? :D

Looks great. Can't wait to see it "filled" up.

bubbagump likes this.
  15. bubbagump

:ohyh:Fortunately, I've chilled out on the PAD & TAD thing lately.

I have a pretty good amount of tobacco. I think I can fill one shelf with my pipes. I can fill one more with tobacco. I can't remember how many shelves it has (three or four).:cfsd:

Summit likes this.
  16. User3940

User3940 Active Member

If my collection ever gets so large that I need that much storage then a curio cabinet seems the way to go. But, at only 28 pipes I smoke through them far too much to stick em in a cabinet. I like my pipes very handy.

17. bubbagump

Not off to a bad start. By my count...I'm at 30. 28 in the case...and two more floating around.
    [​IMG]

muskie12, Summit and RTOdhner like this.
  18. RodneyWT1180B

RodneyWT1180B Member

Looks good!
    Rodney

bubbagump likes this.
  19. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Coming along nicely.

20. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

I use a TV stand cabinet. I mounted my TV on the wall and don't need it for that purpose any more.
    [​IMG]

bubbagump likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.