1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Pipe Makers

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Nonpareil, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nonpareil

Nonpareil Member

Hi there folks! After a long hiatus entering the forum (deployment) im finally back! And as always im thinking what pipe do i want next. The last two pipes that i bought before leaving were commisioned by me to Mr. Mark Tinsky, and i have another one waiting for me to come back, also made by him. Now, I will like to see what u guys like, your maker's masterpiece commisioned by you...

2. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

I have an Askwith that is a
    great little nosewarmer.
    Made of morta, and a green
    cumberland stem. My
    commuter pipe. :thumb:

dp

3. Nonpareil

Nonpareil Member

Pics please!!

4. daveinlax

daveinlax Member

In my years I never felt the need to commission a pipe. I have a hard enough time not buying great pipes I see at shows and daily on eBay to have the money when a truly must have pipe shows up. I know many guys who have bought not quite right commissions because they didn't want to tell the carver they didn't like the pipe. :bling:

5. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Oh....okay..

[​IMG]

Not smoking it this month due
    to MMM/2011, but next month
    it's back to the grindstone!

dp

6. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

I love my Jan P and Son pipes I have 5 of them now. Also Bob Davidson makes a heck of a pipe for the money. But my prize pipe is a Larrysson drip wax. It is artwork and not just a pipe.

7. Nonpareil

Nonpareil Member

Well I think there needs to be a really good comunication between the carver and the customer. At least my experience with mark has been great. i usually tell him, well i want a pipe like this... give him my idea.... he asks me details of how i will like things, and i let him use his own taste too. Every step he takes, he asks for my opinion and gives the options. i can tell u he has come out with some outstanding, really fine pieces. if you are gonna pay 300+ dollars for a custom made pipe, u should be able to receive what you want, and be satisfied, but you have to le him know what you think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.