1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Daily tobacco roatation

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by TxPipesmoker, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

May 17, 2011
    What is in your most used daily tobacco rotation? I know we all try blends here and there, but there are some tobaccos we all crave or enjoy in our daily smokes. I smoke an avg 6 bowls a day. Mine are C&D Briar Fox and SG Westmorland. I smoke these two blends at least once a day, and the other 4 bowls are random tobaccos that I pick while starring at the cellar.

I already know who all you Carter Hall, PA, SWR, and the like, junkies are.:poke:
  2. Bent

Bent Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Guilty! PA and H&H. Lately I've been smoking quite a bit of Smoker's Pride Vanilla Cavendish and Whiskey, they are tasty and easy on the pocket.
    I have to admit I'm not as organized as some guys as far as rotations go, I just smoke whatever I feel like smoking whenever I feel like smoking and all I watch out for is that I don't smoke different blends too close to each other so I can enjoy the flavors better. I guess that's my laid back pipe smoker attitude.
  3. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Feb 11, 2010
    I don't have a rotation per se; more like spheres of influence 'types' I gravitate towards. Usually straight VA's and nic bombs(shags, ropes, etc.). Everything else is just for change of pace.

I just received Briar Fox from a trade with cigarsarge last week....been smoking it daily. It is actually a good bridge gapper between my two preferred types. Good stuff.
  4. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Feb 9, 2010
    I usually start the day with a stout latakia blend. If I'm only smoking two bowls, the second will also be a stout latakia blend. If I have time for more, it's usually a virginia, or virginia/perique blend.
  5. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Feb 7, 2011
    I'm lucky if I get to smoke one bowl per day! So when I do, I make sure it's a pipe that'll hold at least 10 grams of tobacco. :D

On weekends, I usually get 3 per day. Virginia is my main staple, a VaPer comes in second, followed by a burley and then latakia. But the blends aren't always the same.
  6. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2010
    I usually pick randomly for whatever I am in the mood for or sounds good at the time.
  7. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Yeah, what Ming said.
  8. AK Kilted Guy

AK Kilted Guy Member

Jul 25, 2011
    In addition to what Ming said, I'll choose my toby on who is around too. If I am all by myself, I may have some Dunhill Standard, if others are around I'd be more likely to choose an Aro with a nice room note.
    Mark w4mms likes this.
  9. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Oct 1, 2010
    I smoke mostly outdoors, or in my w/shop - so if others are around, and don't like the smell of Condor, they can always f........er.....go away!:D
  10. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

May 19, 2010
    The only main smoke - if that's what I'd call it; would be an English in the morning with coffee. It just seems to go so well together for me.
  11. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Yeah, what they said...
  12. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Vaperburlataro ! Mayor

Sep 25, 2009
    I think I smoke MCB most often . MB GE and SWRA are right up there w/ PS LTF on their tails . SWR in the am w/ coffee only . Though lately the cellar is so wide I've been way off my norm in play mode . The review of Sutliff cuts into the other blends , big time , till it's done . since the wife started smoking , I've been smoking less [ go figure ] because I'll walk in our smoking room and shes got something lit up that smells fantastic and I just sit and do whatever , smelling the roomnote . Normal .. has changed
  13. Jay

Jay Active Member

Apr 29, 2010
    One can always find me smoking some OGS, I load one on the way to work and relight throughout the day, with a repack in the afternoon. When I get home I go for something a bit different. OGS has the nic and the ease of smoke to get my day started so it has been quite the fallback position to go with for the all day smoke.
  14. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Aug 28, 2010
    When I can smoke all dang day, I like a light to medium English in the morning, such as McC AMP, then a whole bunch of Ennerdale, then a lighten-up (remember that song?) with Grousemoor, then something heavy like 1792 or Dark Flake, then a nightcap with Samovar or Ringlows or the like. My pipes are very, very confused. I have to talk them down sometimes.
    Gary, Out of Town and ATXPipe like this.
  15. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Jun 13, 2010
    ..and what he said.
    Mington and AK Kilted Guy like this.
  16. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Mar 15, 2010
    I smoke anything I have a jones to out of my ready smoke which is basically somewhat dried/drying. It's about 150 blends in smaller containers from my cellar. It ranges from Esoterica, Dunhill, C&D/GLP, McCl,SG/GH, and so forth! For me the rotation really does not exist. Right now I'm smokin 05 Christmas Cheer and prior to that was a sublime bowl of 01 Tribute. Next is loaded & charred is ET Tilbury. All 3 smokes I have not smoked in at least a month short of Tribute which seems to pop up situationally.

My view is it allows me the choice to smoke what I please rather than be confined to a rotation per se.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.