Dan tobacco

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by David Emond, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

.....and if you believe that....you'll believe anything! :ohyh:

FlatbushPaul and Morse like this.
  2. cakeanddottle

cakeanddottle Member

I have 4 pounds of London Blend and 3 1/2 pounds of Hamborger Veermaster in the basement, so those. Tordenskjold is good too.

3. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Dan is a very respectful store in Europe with excellent customer service-attitude.Has many Aromatics and for a beginner smoker it is like paradise,i think you must take an effort to try some of them.

ruffinogold and Morse like this.
  4. CMAsailor

CMAsailor Active Member

Old Ironsides, Patriot flake, Limerick and HamborgerVeermaster are some of my favorites. hard to find though so I stockpile them when I see 'em and smoke them infrequently cause I don't know when I'll find it again.

5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

A new distributor has picked them up in the US since CAO stopped doing so. They were not being imported to the USA commercially for a while, but they seem to be back for good now. At a higher than previous price.

6. cakeanddottle

cakeanddottle Member

yeah I didn't feel so bad about the 1.5kg of HV I ordered direct when I saw that I actually saved money, even with the crazy shipping

7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Dan makes killer high quality products :th1:

8. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

Sweet Vanilla Honeydew might be my favorite aromatic, nice underlying Virginia flavor with a hint of pleasant sourness. Top 10 room note.

9. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

I dont know ive never tried it hehe. You dont like it?

10. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Many times when yοu speak english in a German store they insist to answer in German or they just end the call abruptly.Some times the speak english but like a low-idle motor.In Dan there is no problem,i remember one incident: i send them an e-mail and after 2 days i make a call to ask some details,by surprise they immediately remember the email and my name.I stayed speechless,so many emails so many calls and orders from all over the world how they could remember me? The same happened with an American store the Boswell,it was his son,again the same surprise!
    Yes there are not hundreds of Greek customers to these stores but i call this "professionalism" by Dan and Boswell.I am a happy pipe-smoker with stores like these. :sh:

11. SalopSt

SalopSt Member

On a whim I bought 100g of "the Raven" from Dan, and I must say that it is a lovely, light latakia/virginia mix. If it were not for the fact that it tends to burn my tongue in certain pipes I would be smoking it waaay more than I have. Not too strong, the Va sweetens things up nicely, and I swear I can taste some nutty burley. It is a long shredded cut, and once lit it stays lit. It is moist from the tin, so unless I dry it a little first it only goes into straight pipes where I can mop the juice from bowl's bottom as I smoke.

In fact this thread has just reminded me to submit it as a blend at tobaccoreviews.com As of today it is still not listed there. I'll post a more detailed review there once the system has accepted the submission. That in itself is a little scary as I'm a pipe newbie and there're no other reviews for me to compare. YIKES!

For the record, "Raven" is one of two can't-get-too-easily-in-the-US tobaccos I will be bringing back Stateside after my summer sojourn in England. The other is a Dan tobacco, too: Old Ironsides.

David Emond likes this.
  12. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

If someone of his tobacco have production problems,discontinued,out of stock etc Dan can recommend-send sample one of his blends that is similar.I have not so much experience in tobaccos to say if it is a World great blender but i think this kind of attitude helps the customer.

David Emond likes this.
  13. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

my B&M has a tub of blue note-but I don't know if it's Dan's or Altadis's blend. It's a tasty blend, so I am guessing it's Dan's. I've got two favorites: blue note & Lane Limited's rum & maple. Fortunately they don't ghost each other in a bad way.

David Emond likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.