1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Danish Free hands

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by RP McMurphy, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r0n54

r0n54 Member

What everyone has already said is so very true. I like freehands very much myself. I only own one thats a Ben Wade, made in Denmark at this time (see my avatar). It is a used Ebay purchase, that I picked up for good deal at $70.00. It is in mint condition and smokes great. Yes its big and fairly heavy, but smokes as cool as can be. Im like you I want several more, but the nice ones are costly even used. I just happened to be lucky on the one I got. The flip side like the others here have said the look of a classic pipe that is in style or favor at this time has an appeal that I think is timless. They never really go out of style, maybe just more popular or less so. Just a matter of personal preference and appeal to your senses, again no right or wrong, or good or bad. Get what you like/can afford and if it pleases you....enjoy it !!

2. Stinger4me

Stinger4me Member

It took quite a long time to appreciate freehand pipes. A friend of mine passed along a Karl Erik to me and that was all that was required. I bought a Nording and then received a Nordcoat as a gift. The last one I bought was a Bjarne, they are good smokers but on the large size. The artistic flair is nice and the mass adds a little something. I prefer to smoke them at home.

Stinger

3. RP McMurphy

RP McMurphy Member

The only place I'll smoke mine are at home because I'm afraid I might lose of damage them in some way else where. But I love them dearly, they feel so good in the hand and are beautiful works of art that I can afford (sometimes).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.