1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Dan's Blue Note

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by AkBuba, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AkBuba

AkBuba Member

One of the many nice recommendations from y'all for me, as a noobie, was Dan's Blue Note. I finally got to it this morning...

NICE! It is very mellow, yet, I could taste something that reminds me of molasses or brown sugar, something like that.
    I was smoking it in what i THINK is an apple bowl. Lighting and keeping it going for the first half of a bowl was easy. However, I started having trouble in the bottom half of the bowl... i didn't finish the bowl as I was smoking it on the way to work and had to let it go out when i got here.

I'm not sure what "bite" really is... I do still tend to smoke too fast, so I THINK i might have experienced it before, but not on this bowl.

Is this one that I should typically let set out and dry for a while? Our relative humidity here runs < 30% (wreaks havoc on my guitars), so if necessary, i would think i could dry it out some relatively quickly.

Thanks for this suggestion!
    Currently my favorites are Blue Note and a Cherry/Vanilla blend of unknown parentage. :)

David Emond likes this.
  2. Capt

Capt Active Member

Blue Note is usually ready to smoke out of the tin. I don't think I have ever had to dry it out. However, BN does give me tongue bite, no matter if it i dry or not.

Good stuff!!!

David Emond likes this.
  3. Fbones24

Fbones24 Member

Blue Note was one of the first tobaccos that I actually liked. I have only been smoking for around one year, but Blue Note was the first tobacco I actually enjoyed. I have none on hand, but may be picking up another tin in the near future.

David Emond likes this.
  4. Klauswermann

Klauswermann Member

I love bluenote but it does bite from time to time!

David Emond and Capt like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.