1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Dark Burley Blurs The Line Between Cigar And Pipe Tobacco

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Dunhill93, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dunhill93

Dunhill93 Member

I believe that Dark Burley blurs the line between cigar tobacco and pipe tobacco. Dark burley presents cigar like notes that go very well with the other tobaccos present in the blend. Dark burley has a very deep earthy flavor along with some spicy and woodsy notes. Any one care to comment on my findings?

Pecci likes this.
  2. Dubble Bubble

Dubble Bubble Member

I use Dark Burley to blend with Peter Stokkebye Aromatic Dutch Slices and it makes for a more flavorful and medium nicotine smoke. Ironically the ADS is not an aromatic nor is it sliced like a flake. It is a rubbed out and mild all burley blend. The mixture does have somewhat cigar like undercurrent along the line of a Petri Sigaretto which is a European dry cigar with Tennessee and a Kentucky tobacco. However most people around my age think along the lines of the aromatic Connecticut wrapper cigars and so no, Dark Burley does not smell or taste like that.

Maybe there are other Dark Burleys that are different. The one that I have is sold as a blending tobacco by P&C. Air cured Dark Leaf is my latest blending tobacco which as I understand it is not the same as Dark Burley. It's all pretty confusing to me but I think I am beginning to sort it out a little. Blending is fun but not easy. I have found that out a long time ago.

esteban likes this.
  3. esteban

esteban Active Member

DBubble, I really agree that blending is not all that easy........After years of trying, I think I only have 1 serious keeper ( PS golden Dansk with Pipe cut). I don't have the knowledge of baccys to be that successful....... Just guessing doesn"t cut it. I admire the experts.:old:

4. Dubble Bubble

Dubble Bubble Member

At least I got better at smoking a variety of different cuts of tobacco:appl:

esteban likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.